So what does RB Jamie Harper do for an encore?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Running back Jamie Harper led the Titans in rushing yards as a rookie last preseason, when he got extra work because of Chris Johnson’s holdout.

Harper hasn’t gotten nearly as many carries this preseason, but that doesn’t mean he hasn’t made a big splash.

Case in point: Harper’s front tuck in last Thursday’s preseason game against the Cardinals. Harper did the flip in the end zone at the end of his 16-yard touchdown run.

“I just wanted to show a little athleticism,’’ Harper said. “The running backs had seen me do that, but a lot of other guys had never see me do it, so they were saying, “Oh, my goodness, hold on. You’re too big to be doing stuff like that.” I’ve gotten a lot of good feedback from it.”

Harper has 78 yards on 18 carries in three preseason games. He’s averaged 4.3 yards per carry.

Harper said he feels much more prepared heading into his second NFL season. But he’s not sure what he’ll do for an encore after his flip. He learned how to flip on a trampoline while growing up in Jacksonville, Fla., but hadn’t done it in a game since high school.

“I’ve been flipping since I was little,’’ Harper said. “I have three older brothers, so when we were little we thought of ourselves as the Ninja Turtles, so we were always flipping and jumping off stuff and being wild, just being boys. It has stuck with me since.”

Source: Titans Insider

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

“I have three older brothers, so when we were little we thought of ourselves as the Ninja Turtles" Oh man I remember doing that LOL.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Maybe for an encore he could bust out a katana, I know a guy who he could borrow one from.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

that's awesome, I miss those days :( lol

5. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

I didn't realize he was that athletic! Given a chance he could be awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar