So what direction do you take the offense...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Sep 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I would emulate the pats offense. It seems to set up to our teams stregnths.

Short timing passing attack. Tight end heavy. Possession receivers. And a solid run game.

We have the pieces for that I think.

I would also run a lot of no huddle. Sub Murray and Henry in and out to catch a breath. Let Marcus read the d pre snap and check into one of several plays.

And I'd be using fowler at TE some. I think he could be good there. I don't mean Gronk good, but good blocker that can be an overlooked pass catcher.

We have the pieces to be a very multiple, hard to predict offense.

• High Five High Five x 6
  2. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

I was wondering what Murray's big run yesterday would have looked like if Henry cleared the linebackers like that.
    I think he would have gone to DaHouse with it.

I wouldn't change much at this point. Some stuff is working, others not so much. Approaching it as a process, you keep what works and toss what doesn't and keep moving forward. Theres just too much new and different to come to any conclusions at this point.
    Work the plan and trust the process.
    The same goes for personnel. By the middle of the season the true deficiencies will be more obvious and Robinson will have a clearer picture of what's needed to fill out the roster in the off season.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

All we really need is to give it time to gel. Mularkey and Robiskie are set in their ways, so it will take them making mistakes in games to learn from and adjust. But I dont like knowing theyre first gonna call a bunch of garbage to weed out the bad..

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

One thing I would do is go get Roman. Just to keep him from getting away or going elsewhere.
    Put him in an advisory role, or give him Bobby April's job for the moment.

5. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Southwest

6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Stop moving Mariota so much. The last drive is all Mariota. Striking with vertical routes and quick precision. Then the two point conversion is the style Robiskie and Mularkey want to scheme, move Yoda for no reason, scheme 1 guy open... Goes no where.

7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Does our waiver wire priority work with coordinators? Lol

8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

9. titanchamps

titanchamps Starter

Seems like there are too many slow-developing run plays. I was encouraged by Henry getting more carries. And Murray is really a weapon. The guy makes tough catches. This is the most I've seen him play having not watched much Dallas or Philly.
    And hey, they took a shot downfield! It was picked, but they tried. Looked like Sharpe had a step on his man, but ball was underthrown?

10. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Whichever direction is furthest away from Warmack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar