So what are our plans if the Jake Locker experiment fails???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I think everyone would love it if Locker worked out.

Im giving him this year before forming much of an opinion on him but next year is a good year for QB's. If he doesnt show a lot of progress, it will be the time to look at another QB. (and make him compete with Locker the last year of his contract)

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

All I know is if Locker fails we better draft a 6'5 slow as molasses pure pocket passer. I'm over these running QBs with questionable passing ability.

3. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

I think he realistically has 2 more years left. I think this year we will see an improvement out of him and even more consistency but I honestly can see him going down again and missing 1-2 games, being knicked up and banged up; not because the O-Line is poor like last year but because he tends to hang onto the ball a little too long at times and the way he scrambles, he's not affraid to take at least 1 big hit in a game.

I feel the Titans are one of the best, non-playoff, teams in the league. Meaning they will be the 7th or 8th best AFC team (I know thats not the popular choice to say they are not a playoff team but its most likely reality even though the AFC is wide open this year), possibly sneaking into that 6th Wild Card although you will have teams like Cincinnati and possibly Baltimore if they slip up next year around those seeds.

So then we head into 2014 still with Locker and that will be ultimately the make or break season. It will be playoffs or BUST. I don't however neccesarily think the Titans NEED to make the post-season this year, even if all goes well.

We need to see improvement and consistency on his throws. If he bombs though or keeps getting knicked up then yeah it may be time to pick up the phone and see if some stop gap QB's like Foles or Mallet are available until they find a more permanent solution.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Draft a QB or trade for Kirk Cousins...

5. M13

M13 Rookie

Vince Young duh!

6. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

If Locker isn't really good this year, I think we could take a rookie very early. That will put some major pressure on Locker and let him know in 2014 if he's not a top 10 QB he's out. Then if he fails we have the new young guy for the future.

7. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

If Locker ***** the bed, I would be all for trading the Redskins for Kirk Cousins

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Trading what for Kirk Cousins?

9. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Eugene Amano and a 6th

10. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

What if we draft this guy???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar