So what are our plans if the Jake Locker experiment fails???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

If for some reason Locker doesn't play well i wonder how long they'll keep him in as starter before they throw Fitzpatrick in.The reason i ask this is knowing how much the coaches are on the hot seat i don't think they would let him play too many games before they see what the other player can do.

Knowing how well we improved the line and got more weapons it seems like between Locker and Fitzpatrick that one of those QB's will make their case as the better player.

There really shouldn't be any excuses for either one because of all the improvements made.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Frankly, Munch's future is tied with Locker. If Locker is terrible we'll be in a hole early, probably deep enough to where we can't get out and make the playoffs. Munch sinks or swims with Locker.

Fitzpatrick has never lead an NFL team to a winning record, so I think it's Locker or bust.

3. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Bridgewater or Manziel right? I'd hope we are then in an opportunity to one of them.

4. topcat986

topcat986 Starter

Locker has played behind a shoddy oline and has had zilch time to even get comfortable. The modern fast food NFL fan wants a qb do be proven way to fast and honestly it has become a detriment to the game. In Jake I trust if given a oline(now have) and Wr's who can catch damn ball. CJ should be fine and Locker is mobile so stop with qb draft crap talk.

• High Five High Five x 5
  5. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

With the O-Line improvements he should do fine. It all depends on the play calling though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I think Locker will be fine.

If anything, we should've learned from the VY expirement that accuracy CAN be improved. Vince went from a passer with average to below average accuracy, to being pretty damn accurate in his 3rd and 4th years.

Locker should have lots of time this season and lots of weapons to throw too. He'll be fine. And unlike VY, he won't have the off-the field issues which will shorten his career.

I'm not too worried about Locker.

7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Not Murray. Anyone but Murray

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

VY was never accurate. Just because the receiver caught it doesn't mean it was an accurate pass. He gave WR's no chance to get yac half the time.

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

He had the 2nd highest QB Rating his last year here before the injury. No other argument needed.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This conversation again?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar