So we are desperate at linebacker?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Would you say the front 4 was getting "pressure" on him all night?

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

The Morgan talk is ****ing sad.

If you could go back to that draft, would you be content with a guy who has had 12 sacks since then? **** no, and if you do that is blind homerism and you should go to an ESPN board.

All this feel good garbage about how he brings pressure is horse ****. If we had a QB that could always get us in the redzone but never throw TDs how would that make everyone feel? A sack ends the play, pressure doesn't and I will take a sack over the other possibilities all day. Derrick Morgan is part of the close enough culture we have tolerated for the past 10 years.

A guy who has a career high of 6 sacks is a 'pressure' monster:rolleyes: You guys need to say this **** out loud and hear how ****ing stupid it sounds. I am sorry he isn't as colossal of a bust as Vince or PacMan or says as many stupid things as CJ does but the guy has been average thus far.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

preach it my brotha

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm seeing Anthony Barr fall in alot of mocks.

He was once a Top-5 pick (projected), now he's around the 10-15 range. Which, is perfect for us. There's still a good chance he goes before us, alot unknown with the combine not taking place yet. But, Barr at #11 is looking like a real possibility.

I wonder if Barr is on the board at #11, we call PIT (#15) and try to work a deal. PIT moves up for either the #2 WR (jumping STL) or an OT (jumping NYG/STL). Problem is, PIT doesn't have a 3rd rounder either. So for us to do this deal, it would be like PIT 1st/2nd for TEN 1st/4th. Not sure if the value is there for PIT to do that.

Regardless: praying for Barr at #11. Team him up with his old DC.

5. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Agree 100% and put perfectly.

6. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

People still believe in McCarthy?!? For one he can't stay on the field. He also lost his spot to a below average MLB even when healthy. I like him as a back up and special teams but not the starting middle linebacker of my defense.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

[​IMG]

Pretty much

8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

He can be our new Patrick Bailey after we cut the real one.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Sometimes I wonder if you guys actually read posts or read the first line and make up the rest.

No one here is saying he was a great pick in the first round. Absolutely no one. We are saying that he isn't as bad as people here make him out to be. Hes not a superstar, but he's a solid all around DE that does his job every play. Just because he isn't living up to where he was drafted doesn't mean he isn't a solid contributor to this team, which he definitely is. You don't cut guys based upon production v draft position, you cut them if they're not producing at all.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Where have I EVER said we should cut Morgan?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar