So was this Loss really on Vince...Denver next

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ammotroop, Nov 13, 2007.

?
  1. Yes, BRING IN COLLINS!!!

12.0%
  2. Yes, but he is getting better....

8.0%
  3. No...he did enough to win....the D blew it

32.0%
  4. The D and VY are both to blame

48.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I watched the game.....I saw what was going on, and I am a VY supporter. That being said here are some positives and negatives that I saw.

Positives
    VY made some good throws
    VY ran plenty good :yes:
    VY is getting better

Negatives
    VY took to long in the pocket to either run or throw
    VY made some bad throws, HIGH again
    VY still needs to maintain his cool
    VY needs better pocket awarness

To me this loss was on the D partially. We could not stop the run. I mean, with one player out, you should still be able to stop the run. We didnt get pressure on Gray like we needed to when he finally did throw, and again that SOFT coverage allows easy first downs.

All of that being this loss sucks, but its not the end of the world. People calling for our 6-3 QB should calm down. I would hate to see what you all would be like if we were 3-6. We just need to go up to Denver with a pissed off attitude and come out with a win. They suck against the run, we are good running. If AH is back I expect us to win big. At least I hope.....

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

if it wasn't for the D we may be 2-7...the D can't carry this team forever.

3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Actually the D shoud never have an "off" week or at least not as bad as that display was. Missed tackles, and just plain getting your butt handed to you is just attitude, nothing more. The fags wanted the game more period or at least they brought the emotion, our guys, on both sides of the ball look lathargic by comparison. Also, I put some of the blame on coaching, I hate to admit but fish got outcoach by del rio.

4. DaCrackDeala

DaCrackDeala Guest

This is such a trap game with that Secondary in Denver. They will be hungry to get their stats up and Vince HAS been prime for ints because of Fisherball. I really hope we just do something out of the norm (no pun) next week on O. Vince needs help progressing as a QB, consistent running blocking catching and not so many long 3rd downs.

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

My list of who was responsible for the game is almost as long as the active roster. Almost no one showed up to play - we looked sluggish and lost like the Jags looked in week 1. I put that on Del Rio then, so Fish gets the prize this week. I'll still take Fisher and VY over almost any other coach/QB tandem out there.

I still maintain that while the offensive stats look consistently awful, I'm seeing several key indicators that say VY is improving with his mechanics. I'll go so far as to say that improvement is a big reason for his slump this year. He doesn't look comfortable in the pocket, holds the ball too long - he looks like he's thinking too much. My bet is that he is - and he's thinking about all the things he's been taught and worked on, and none of it is 2nd nature yet. So a step backward this year to take a few steps forward in the future.

I'm holding out hope that the work will pay off sooner than later - the lights of MNF against a QB most people say should have been drafted in your place, and against one of the weaker defenses we've faced. I'm expecting a much better team next week.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

so it is ok for the offense to take weeks off but the D can't...makes perfect sense :rolleyes:

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

He could have played better, but he doesn't play o or d line. Those two lines got whooped and that was more of the reason for the loss imo.

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

D looked sloppy, but of the Jags 11 drives, 5 began outside their 40... 3 of them began in TEN territory. Coming out of halftime down 14-3 and our 1st 2 offensive drives end with a fumble and an INT. That's asking a lot of a D missing 2 starters on the line.

9. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

You of course missed the point. And that is that playing D is as much about attitude as anything else. And attitude should never take a week off.

10. Nine

Nine Starter

This is the NFL.

If a QB cannot singlehandedly compensate for a porous defense, a lackadaisical O-line, and absolutely zero running game, then he has no business being on the field.

/sarcasm off

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar