So, Tom Brady is going to crush Peyton's record.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Unless he somehow gets injured, and that should be enough to make everyone a Pats fan at least for a season. I hated these guys before this year, but Tom Brady being everything Peyton Manning wants to be is just a joy to watch.

And Tom doesn't even have to throw 3 yard touchdown passes to challenge the record like peyton did either.

2. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Give a decent QB all star receivers and he will be great.

Give a decent QB bad receivers and he will be bad.

Tom Brady is not good. Moss , Welker , Watson and Stallworth are good.

Brady just throws the ball to them.

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Tom Brady is a damn good quarterback. Saying that he's only good because he has good recievers is just plain ignorant. He's had crap for weapons the past few years, and the Patriots have won three Super Bowls. Now that he has weapons, he is en fuego... I don't think that's a coincidence.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Correct. He was good because Bellichek cheated and knew everyone's defensive signals.

5. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Jeff Garcia in Tampa has Joey Galloway and Ike Hilliard and he is putting up numbers an All Star QB would put up. He also has no picks. Why is it that Brady all of a sudden starts WOW'ing everyone? Its because of his weapons. A GOOD QB would work well with any receivers. McNair made names out of Justin McCareins , Drew Bennett and Derrick Mason. We never had great weapons yet McNair was always right there with Manning in peoples eyes. Peyton has always had Marvin. Take away those receivers and they are NO ONE's. I don't care what any of you guys say its the damn truth. Look at Kerry Collins. Everyone seems to wanna rag on him all damn day but yet he goes out in his first start since last year and puts up 300 yards. Young has never even had 300 freaking yards.

So does Collins still suck? He threw no picks.. Didn't throw a TD but is that his fault? No its not. They barely went to the endzone at all.

Tom Brady is not good. Tom Brady is DECENT and has ALL PRO RECEIVERS.

Screw Brady and Screw Manning.

Wanna see a damn good QB go to Green Bay and watch Bret Favre. Brady is a joke.

6. BigRed3

I guess I left myself open for that one. I just don't get the Brady hate. He took a Patriots team with Troy Brown as their #1 reciever to the Super Bowl. In the Patriots first Super Bowl win against the Rams, their leading rusher was Antowain Smith for God's sake. Sure, you can say that Belichick was stealing signs back then, but until I see some proof of it, i'm going to choose to believe that their success is somewhat legit. Now, don't get me wrong, I can't stand the Patriots, and I would probably vomit if they went undefeated... but to disprove their success without really knowing if they were cheating back then is sort of illogical.

7. BigRed3

So I guess the five straight years of passing for more that 3,500 yards (BEFORE this year) was all just a joke?

8. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

I'm not even going to start an argument about Brady because I know hes not this god of a QB everyone seems to think he is all of a sudden. Look I know hes a good QB but no way in hell is he this good. Its very obvious that his weapons are what makes him great. Without them he is good. Lets trade our receivers for theres and see who puts up more numbers.

Like I said.

The QB is only one part of an offense. You still need someone to catch the ball. And the guy nammed Randy Moss is probably the best there is at doing it. Brady put 2 balls into triple coverage yesterday but Moss being the GOD that he is caught them both. Any other QB wouldn't even of attempted that throw.

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

So, how do you explain him leading the league in passing yards 2 seasons ago without these weapons? And these late drives in the playoffs and superbowls to win the game without any of these weapons? THis isnt the first good year Brady has had. And I would hardly consider Welker and Stallworth as superstar players before they got to NE.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

So what is your point? Are you saying if VY had brady's WRs he could throw for a record number of TDs? Nobody with a brain is going to deny having a guy like Moss helps to pad a QB's stats but Brady isn't exactly garbage either and has proven time and time again with his stats and SBs he is a top notch QB who with or without Moss would be going to the HOF.

Also, someone needs to get a life if you are actually cheering Brady on just because it is Manning's record he is going to break. I'm not cheering the guy on but if he does go on and break the record I'll respect the guy for having a season like no other QB has ever had in the history of the NFL. What Manning did was special enough but to break Manning's record would be very special.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar