So, the Ravens Offered Mac $12 Million

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titantonic, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

According to Adam Schefter tonight on NFL Total Access, that's the contract they were closing in on last weekend when it fell apart because the Titans-Ravens couldn't agree to compensation. It's $11 million bonus and $1 salary next year. Don't know how many years it would entail.

2. The other question is how much he'd be scheduled to earn in 2007 and 2008.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

But the raven, sitting lonely on that placid bust, spoke only
    That one word, as if his soul in that one word he did outpour.
    Nothing further then he uttered; not a feather then he fluttered;
    Till I scarcely more than muttered, "Other friends have flown before;
    On the morrow he will leave me, as my hopes have flown before."
    Then the bird said, "Nevermore."

4. Ravens are birds they are weak

Some say that the titans were even greater than the Gods

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

You sound like that cheesy movie clip they play on the scoreboard.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

And how much of it is guaranteed.

7. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

McNair and Ravens Reach Agreement

SUMMARY: According to reports on NFL.com, QB Steve McNair has agreed on the structure of a contract in the event he is dealt to the Baltimore Ravens. The deal would give McNair a signing bonus of nearly $11 million and a $1 million base salary. The report did not specify how the length of the contract, but agent Bus Cook has reported that the is deal is "almost double the same money over three years that Tennessee had on the table." Trade negotiations between the Ravens and Titans are not underway though reports earlier this week indicate Tennessee is looking for a fourth-round pick and Baltimore was only willing to give up a fifth.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

8. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

So, is the signing bonus an immediate hit against the cap or is that value prorated as far as what cap impact it hits?

I am just trying to determine what, if any, counter offer the Titans might consider in trying to keep him.

My guess is they won't.

9. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

whoah whoah whoah whoah....... does this mean McNair is gone or what??? omg !!!

10. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

he is now gone but maybe we could actually aquire a good player or pick in the draft

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar