So the Jets have 34 Sacks.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Personally in obvious passing downs i would use a god bocking TE(crumpler, stevens) in the backfield out of the shotgun to protect collins. That improves protection but they can still catch the ball. That still leaves 4 guys in the pattern 3Wrs and scaife and if they do blitz kerry will pick them apart.

The jets are 28th against the pass so attack them in the air right away.

Another thing we have done well is not using play action a lot so kerry can set up right away and see the defense sooner. It's during playaction that we will get sacked.

I think we are going to show our normal run sets early on first and 2nd down and pass. No play action just straight back and get the ball out early.

I see us winning in a similar way to last week. Big plays in the passing game will give us the edge.

2. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

High scoring offense? Are you serious? Since you like to use stats so much i'll give you one. Without including the Rams gm or KC game you guys averaged 23 points a game(186 total). But since your high powered offense racked up 47 and 56 points against 2 pee wee teams(KC,Rams) it inflated that number to 289 total points. My point is, if you take your average(23pts) that you scored on the other teams and applied it to those two games your pts per game is still 23 instead of 28. So instead of being 2nd in the league in scoring you would drop down to 13th behind Tennessee(9th). Interesting isnt it?? :wink2:

3. T Atlas

T Atlas Guest

psychotictitan, if you were to take the highest two extremes... It would be only fair to remove the Jet's lowest scoring games too. That would put the average back around 25 points a game, or so. And you would, too, have to remove to two lowest and two highest scores against us, if you are comparing the stats.

Extmenace, I have watched nearly every single Jets game this season, as I have a friend who is a big Jets fan. You guys have a good team, Revis is a stud, Rhrodes (?) is having another quiet season, but hes still got probowl potential. Leon Washinton is another stud, if you guys would give him the ball more on offense I think it would be much more helpful. Your O-line are good run blockers, but you still have trouble keeping Brett Farve up.

I don't buy into Thomas Jones. He dances way too often in the backfield, and rarely hits the hole hard. That's fine if you can open up truck size holes, but I don't see too many large holes being opened up against the Titans. I don't see Thomas Jones putting up any amount decent yards against up. I would run with Leon Washinton more, as he is elusive, and quick to the hole. I really like LW.

I don't just see how Brett Farve, Cotchery (another great player), Coles, and Keller are going to beat our D. I mean, we have been comparatively "weak" against the seam routes, so Keller might have a good day. I just like our chances of only rushing four and having seven people in the secondary.

And I think your defense is really runnable on. I'm more scared against your pass D then run D.

4. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Taking out the lowest score does nothing. He made the point that the Jets have a high powered offense,i just implied that those two games against weaker opponets inflated the total pts per game for them. I could careless if we score 10pts a game as long as the other team has 9 or lower

5. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

these jets fans would have sex with their PPG average if they could...

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well, it's clearly the only relevant stat. Our ppg allowed average is irrelevant.

7. extmenace

extmenace Camp Fodder

That peewee rams team prior to the jets game was on a hell of a roll allowing just 19, 14 and 23 points to the redskins, cowboys and patriots (3 playoff caliber/contending teams). That peewee cardinals defense is allowing 19.1 points a game is you take away the jets game. 19.1 points a game...wow...that would put the cardinals into the top 8 in scoring defense. That KC games...ok fair enough a bad defense but how about you guys take away your 31 points against the texans who in fact have a worse scoring defense than KC. I don't get how you can write off this offense as the jets have the ability to score loads of points in a very short period of time. you can write off this jets offense and you can think of it as a team that beats up on weak defenses but don't be shocked when this jets team drops more points on this god like defense of yours than any other team has done before.

8. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

That's right because we have not met a team like the Jets... they are super awesome on offense since "the talk" and will not turn the ball over... everything we've seen from number 4 for 15 years is just a mirage... The Titans have been eeking by teams all year that's why they are 2nd in the league in points differential... that's a mirage too..

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

i don't get how you can "right" off this defense...the Titans have the ability to keep you from scoring many points for a long period of time.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. extmenace

extmenace Camp Fodder

If you have watched a ton of jets game I don't see how you can see our D as a team that can be run on. I hope to god the titans see the same thing and try to run more than they pass. I sure as hell don't see our D like that. And like I said our pass D is a bit inflated because of that crap prevent defense we run when protecting leads. This team has load and loads of talent and the scary thing is I dont even think they are at 80% yet. I honestly see this team hitting its stride around week 15 or 16. Also favre has found his favorite target and his name is Dustin Keller, expect to see the titans focus on eliminating him from the game because if you guys can't the jets will have more than a few successful drives.

I also think that every team through-out the NFL is in for a least a week or two of let down games. I mean this is the NFL and out of all the teams it is truly amazing that only one team has been able to remain undefeated. you guys have yet to have a terrible game, will it happen on sunday? probably not but it will happen. The giants got there let down game against the browns out of the way early and they are now clearly the most feared team in the NFL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar