So... Since we acquired Randy Moss:

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Dec 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

When no one seems to acknowledge the point- and keeps making excuses... yeah, all I have left IS 'you guys don't get it'.

Convince yourself it means something else. lol... that's convenient. Until someone answers one of my questions... until I look WRONG about Moss... THEN you can say something similar.

Til then- again...

Told ya so.

I guess you'll be about 2 years late to this party like you were with Fisher though.

2. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

Like Vince, you can't blame Moss for lack of offensive performance if they do not throw to him. Probably not enough time in the season to scheme for him. How about line up on the far left and go long and we will throw in your direction (oh wait RM play A done).

Vince, because your a headcase you will play sparringly, don't worry about when we will pull you from the game, don't worry that I think Collins is the real deal, just don't worry be happy (JF).

Why did you pick up Moss Jeff if you did not plan to use his special skills?

3. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

Hard to argue with Duece on this, he was "in theory" right to this point, but he (Moss) certainly wasn't remotely responsible for the bulls**t game that Fisher started playing with Vince, and he sure isn't responsible for the fact that whoever happens to be our QB d'jor on any given day hardly ever looks his way and of the few balls that have been thrown his way the bulk of them have either been wildly over or under thrown.

Yeah, he didn't add much to any facet of the offense it appears, but more and more I think and feel the the offense's downward spiral has been almost exclusively the fault of horrible play of the O line and the inconsistency of who has lined up under center. Throw in a defense that went from "bend but don't break" to "completely breaking down on almost every opposing teams offensive possession" and it's not hard to see that Moss has had little to do with this team tanking, in fact hardly anything to do with it...

I will agree with you on one thing though, Moss hasn't exactly killed himself on every play out there on the field. That under thrown ball by Kerry late in the game should and could have been caught with a little effort. No question he's essentially playing out the string now... It certainly did fire up the media machine for a few weeks, unfortunately thanks to the Young/Fisher drama we've gotten all the wrong kind of attention lately...

SO we gave it a shot, it was pretty much a no risk deal in the end that didn't really pan out as I said several weeks ago, we probably never make that deal if Britt doesn't go down. Hang on to your # 84 jerseys gang, they might be worth a $ fiver down the road (or not)

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'll agree you called it, but it has almost nothing to do with Randy being here.

It's missing VY that killed us. We are a much worse team without him starting. (not that he deserves to be, i still want him cut, I blame this season on VY and Fisher)

I haven't checked stats but I also heard CJ only has 20 carries in the last two games combined. WTF with that?

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Yea... actually you didn't.

If I recall your original point was we run to much and Moss is going to be unhappy just blocking for CJ.

6. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I'll get around to agreeing with you in a minute... hold on.

I don't agree with that:

PIT, Vince 10 attempts (in 3 quarters), Collins 25 (in 1 quarter)

DEN and DAL, Vince 28 and then 25

PHI, Collins 31 att.

SD, Collins 15, Vince 21.

-- Enter Moss --

MIA, Collins 20, Vince 18. (Similar to PIT and SD)

WAS, Vince 16. (return to normal with VY)

HOU, Rusty 31 (huh?)

JAX, Collins 32.

It looks to me like we were well on our way to being pass-wacky before Moss arrived. To some extent this was a hopeful sign of Fisher adjusting to defenses. In retrospect it looks more like Fisher/Dinger were out to prove something anytime Vince was not under center. So stupid coaching changes, yes. But we appear to be attempting about the same number of passes since Moss's arrival.

I agree here. We've all been very down on the defense, and while they are bleeding yards and clock every game they have generally limited the points all season. It wouldn't be such an issue if we found the endzone.

Pretty much dead on. I still think that (if used correctly) Moss could have been a nice addition to our team. But for whatever reason - the loss of VY or the addition of Moss - this coaching staff is out of it's mind. I'm fine with 30 pass plays a game, if they work and/or are smart throws. Consistently throwing 50 yards downfield on 3rd and 6 makes 0 sense to me. NEVER running maybe a draw with CJ against a nickle/dime defense on 3rd & 6 makes little sense. Targeting Moss just a few times a game makes no sense to me.

I hate to bring it up, but I do wonder what kind of cancer Dinger has. Is it possible this is a brain tumor that could be affecting his thinking? I really don't mean to be trite or inappropriate, but the reality is that he has been sick. It's entirely possible that his illness could be affecting the offensive plans.

My gut says that's not the case, though. To me it looks like Fisher was out to prove that Vince was handicapping the offense.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I remember feeling so happy at 5-2 and getting Randy Moss, WTF has happened to this team? I get what you're saying Deuce, I just don't like hearing it. I'm content with randy, it's the coaching that's I'm pissed off with.

8. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Fisher has proved his point...........he tanked the season...............doing things jeff's way is more important than winning! I said it before and I will say it again, this has been one of the most selfish self centered things I have ever seen in pro sports.

The coach's ego above the team.

There was never any plan to get Moss the ball. 85 Nate washington is better deep threat than a hall of famer! Bud wasted 3 million here

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Randy Moss has nothing to do with the Titans' problems.

Yes, he has been terrible. The season would have fallen apart either way.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Here it is again, Deuce possess some profound knowledge that no one else can. Like he is some sort of intellectual being who can only understand this complicated logic.

Randy Moss isn't the the reason. Everyone knows this. He has said anything. He hasn't complained and he sure as heck didn't quit on the team.

Vince and Fisher and their 'feud' is clearly the reasons for this. VY quit and then the team quit. If we didn't have Moss nothing would change, we'd still be 5-7. With VY we could definitely be 6-6 or 7-5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar