So much for going after Freeney....WOW

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ammotroop, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Weren't they headed for cap hell? Uhh. But that makes our situation more sad. Even teams without room for big deals are making them while we had the 2nd most amount to spend, and did/have done absolutely nothing with it.

2. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Gloat.....dont make me more sad....

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Midget..

Signing bonus is prorated over the length of the contract.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I guess it's best to get the iron hot before striking it.

5. Also remember as the franchise player he was already counting a ton under this year's cap. Hard as it is to believe, this contract actually saved them some cap room this year...

If he can be the Freeney of old, it's a solid contract. But if last year is a sign of things to come then they just overpaid by a mile.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'm guessing he just had an off year. But who knows. Maybe he's been figured out?

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Just watch him break his foot like Kearse.

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I hope he bombs this year now that he will never wear a Titans jersey. If he does it will make the Colts look very dumb and put them in bad postition by vastly overpaying an avg DE.

Sorry I like Freeney but hate the Colts. They also talked about how this allows them to sign Sanders and Tarik Glenn where is all this money coming from.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The contract is structured where the CAP hit this year is going to be lower than the CAP hit of keeping the franchise tag. It also means that they will have more issues in a few years. All the Colts are doing is trying to keep their key plays for the next couple of years while the window is open for another SB run. It catches up with all teams that have success. Even the great Patriots are getting into the same mode of focusing on winning as many SBs as they can in the enxt three years. Worry about the three years when it gets here. Also the CAP has gone up which has allowed teams to make more moves, those teams that is who are bold enough to do so. It will be interesting how core players left on the Titans get handled over the next offseason. Our DL and OL in particular.

10. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

Did anyone read that article in ESPN mag a few months back about the Patriots cap philosophy?

The summary is that there are 2 kinds of bonus. "Likely to be earned" and "Not likely to be earned." Apparently the Pats are pros at stacking the bonus in such a way that it does not hit their cap.

Anyone familiar?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar