So is KB our WR we been needing?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

First of all, Eddie Royal is not their #1, that would be the beast that is Brandon Marshall. Nate was a #3 behind Santonio Holmes and Hines Ward, which I believe both were superbowl mvps.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Exactly he hasn't played yet. He could turn out to be a total bust.

Uh Brandon Marshall. What about all those WRs drafted last year in the 2nd round?

Yeah and usually it takes WRs time to develop. Britt is actually the one who likes to go across the middle and most scouting reports don't think he can stretch the field well.

So if a rookie WR has a good pre-season he should be #1? Nate is a good #3 but with the group we have right now he's a starter. We can't assume where Britt is going to be right now but saying that he should be our #1 isn't the best way.

The smartest line up would've been to trade our 1st and 3rd and a pick next year for Boldin instead of drafting Britt and whoever.

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I hate this argument, like Ward and Holmes were holding him back or something. I remember most Jaguar fans using this argument in support of Jerry Porter last offseason, saying he played behind Rice and Brown. Notice: Players play behind other players for a reason. Having awesome WR's playing ahead of you only opens the field up more for you. See Brandon Stokely, Jerry Porter, Bobby Wade, and in the future, Wes Welker.

4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Number 1? No way in hell, he'll prolly be in the slot or #'2' just to play outside. But if we kept Gage and Britt on the outside, I'm sure Washington wouldn't be too happy about it. I don't think he signed here to keep playing third receiver...

And what about Brandon Marshall? He's a beast. And Calvin Johnson was an instant #1 on the TERRIBLE Lions, not to mention he was considered the best player in his entire draft class, much unlike this Kenny Britt character.

I don't know too much about the guy aside from the homework every real fan does about his teams picks. He is a big dude, 6 foot 4 I believe, which gives him an instant advantage over typically-short corner backs. Also, that size will show up in the red zone as well. He will probably be a good run-blocking receiver as well, based on his size and a highlight I saw of him injuring a Louisville LB on a clean run block. I saw a comparison to Hines Ward, and I think that's a good one. He ran a 4.51, which isn't blazing speed, but 40 times are overrated anyway, especially at the WR position. Cut speed and acceleration are far more important. I hope he pans out; considering this is only the third time in franchise history that we took a first round receiver, I'm gonna assume Fish and the powers that be did their homework on the kid and didn't just freeze up and pick him cuz the Giants swiped Hakeem Nicks out from underneath us...

5. The Playmaker

He's not getting held back he just didn't have a major role. He was the 4th recieving option on that team if you add Miller. Plus they also run the ball alot so it's not like he gets alot of touches.

6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Your making being a #3 receiver to be some terrible spot. If we signed nate while he was a #3 why wouldn't we want him to continue producing as a #3. Much like gage produces as a #2 so he should stay at #2. When we signed gage he was a starter but not a #1. He was a good outside wr. Why should he be a #1 then? Stop worrying about the silly numbers. Gage and Britt should be outside and Nate inside with Hawk rotating between both positions.

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Saying he should be our number one isn't like saying he's going to be our best receiver, it's just indicative of the side of the field he should play on. Nick Harper is technically our number one corner. I think we all know he isn't our most skilled corner. Last season, McCareins was our number one receiver. Without playing a single down of NFL football, I already wholeheartedly believe that Britt will do better on that side of the field than McCareins did. Same situation, Washington has PROVED to be a GOOD slot receiver. On that thought, maybe he should play in the slot.

Obviously, we're all just speculating, but even if it wasn't simply indicative of the side of the field, and Washington couldn't beat a rookie WR in a camp battle, why would he deserve to play ahead of said rookie???

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Far too much presumption going on here about a guy none of us really know about.

9. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

What?! That argument is far too logical to make sense..

10. The Playmaker

At least we know what we're getting from Washington though. This is all just speculation and maybe he will play on the outside but he's not Royal or Johnson. He's a good WR but I'm not seeing that production from him, especially in a run first offense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar