So if Munchak is named Head coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by chamgel2, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I said neither had proven anything yet though they did get different results with the same players using the same scheme. My point is it can be done and often is.

I don't see how the length of the previous coach has anything to do with it or whether or not they were getting interest from other teams (rumors are Munch was as well).

Bottom line is that there is nothing beyond speculation to think Munch would be a clone of Fisher. And Munch, or any coach who wants the job more than a season, would be an idiot to repeat the same things which proved unsuccessful for Fisher.

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

WORD.

I'm guessing the "Munchak is a clone" crowd isn't comprised of business majors.

3. TitanHope

TitanHope Camp Fodder

Plus, lets not forget Munch is an offensive coach while Fish was a defensive guy. That counts for something. How similar to Fisher is Jim Schwartz in Detroit? Or was Gregg Williams Buffalo? (Not rhetorical questions) They were at least defensive guys, so if they aren't/weren't clones, then why would Munch automatically be especially since he's an offensive guy.

The main thing that Munch will emulate from Fish, in my guestimation, is him being a player's coach. Which, I guess, is a bad thing if you make a big deal about player loyalty.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I am not against making Munchak our next HC, as long as it is because he is the best man for the job. To promote him just because he's a cheaper alternative to Fisher and because of his familiarity with the team/staff would be a big mistake.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar