So if Munchak is named Head coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by chamgel2, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

If Munchak is named head coach, anyone else hoping he can bring Bruce Matthews in to replace him as offensive line coach? He is currently an offensive assistant for the Texans.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Could Matthews go laterally like that? If so I'd be all for bring Matthews is for our line coach.

3. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

It wouldn't be lateral since he would have more responsibility as an offensive line coach. I know he interviewed with the Cowboys as an assistant offensive line coach.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

It's not laterally, I don't think he is the OL coach officially.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Offensive Line/ Assistant Head Coach :brow:

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that he won't be the HC.

Let's reward the OL coach with the HC job after his players had one of the worst years since he's been around.

The last thing I'd like to see is more of the same. I have a hard time believing an OL coach is going to give us a high-flying passing attack. I always see O-line guys as running-game favoring, overall. Maybe it's just a stereotype.

I'd rather win big or lose big with this hiring. Maintaining mediocrity has lost its flair to me.

• High Five High Five x 4
  7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I remember when a lot of people in Auburn were freaking out about hiring Gene Chizik and even Charles Barkley went on to talk about how racist the university is....

I know change is scary and Munchak feels like a "same ole, same ole" pick.. but I'm willing to give him a chance if it happens. The thought of stealing Bruce away from the Texans makes it much more appealing.

What I'm saying is trade CJ for the top pick, steal Gene Chizik from Auburn, draft Nick Fairley #1 and Cam Newton #8 and :trophy:

[​IMG]

8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Bruce Matthews signed a new contract to stay on with the Texans.

9. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Yes, he did, but he can move on to another team if offered a higher position. His contract is as an offensive assistant, so offensive line coach would be an upgrade.

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

im sure the front office is hoping over the next week that someone better will ask about the job, if not.. they gonna have to settle with a in house coach.

i really dont want anyone in house to be our Coach, we need a new mind that hasnt been brain washed by Fisher.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar