So...How about that Michael Turner?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Sep 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

RBs are an easy position to judge. Either guys can run the ball well, or they can't. Now, I would be really impressed if someone had called Cortland Finnegan in 06. Or if someone called KVB in 05. Shoot, call Tully in 05 if you're so great.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I wanted Tulluck to play as a rookie, of course I saw anyone as an improvement compared to that overpaid crippled mortgage broker Peter Sirmon

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Hard to call guys you never see play. But RBs arent so easy to call. 80% you actually thought Reggie Bush was worth our draft pick. "Oh if he falls, you just can't pass on him". I knew Reggie would never be a decent every down back, and at the time I said Adrian Peterson would be the best back drafted within 5 years of his class.
    Then there are tons of people on the McFadden wagon. McFadden is the most 1 demensional back ever. He'll never be a good every down back either. I said Deangelo Williams was better than Reggie also. How many would have agreed?
    I said Mendenhall was overrated. That'll be known too.

I need to actually make a list. I typically go against the grain on most guys that everyone rides due to the ESPN hype, and I'm usually dead on. Mostly with RBs, but I call a lot of defensive players and WRs also.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Please do. If you are right, then you will gain a lot of credibility. I will sure respect you a lot more.

I want to see you do this right. I would like to see you make a list of every RB from the 2008 draft, top prospects for the 2009 draft and an assortment of other college RBs (including current underclassmen). I want you to tell us what degree of success they will have in the NFL and why you think so. Also, don't change your projections for the 2008 draft based on what has happened this year. We can all easily look up what you said prior to the draft about guys like Slaton, CJ and Hart.

You said yourself that you only need to see 3 plays to tell if a guy is gonna be a bust or a star, so this should be easy for you. Probably will only take a couple minutes to do. There are hundreds of videos of running backs on Youtube, and they all have at least 3 plays in them.

Then, in a year or two, we'll be able to look back and definitively know whether you're full of s#!t. I know a few of us have our suspicions about what the answer is.

If you're feeling really energetic, maybe you'll also make a list for WRs. I seem to remember you loving Mario Manningham. I'd love to know who else is on your can't-miss prospect list.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yep, if you were GM we'd have Manningham instead of Johnson. How would that be going right now?

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Here, Gloat, I'll help you get started on your list. You said this on February 14th of this year.

"I've seen Tashard Choice since his first carry. I knew his first game as a starter that he'd be a beast to be reckoned with. He's the guy that nobody wants to tackle. He's the best back in the draft (all-around). Speed, Strength, Vision, Patience. He's got all. Reminds me of Steven Jackson."

[http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=34985]

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

[​IMG]

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Uh. Yeah. Pick a guy that's 3rd string behind Marion Barber and Felix Jones. He's had 13 carries to prove himself in a pass happy offense.

Yep. I failed. I should've predicted that he'd end up playing for a team that didn't need him. Dang!

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Last I looked Steven Jackson isn't 3rd string.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gloat you put forth the most twisted arguments i have ever seen.

If anyone wants to make a 20/20 argument in what would could have done that would have been to draft sean jackson in rd 1 and steve slaton in rd 3.

While turner is a great value as a pro bowl RB for $6M a year it would have been a cap hit we don't need now. Besides with an 1100 yard back already here turner wouldn't play for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar