so do we know our final roster?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sabomnim, Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

After the dust has cleared the moves by the FO look very good so far. If Blount gets through the waiver wire he can be added to the PS. If not no big deal.

First of all the team needs help on STs. They kept Winborn who is a serviceable backup and decent STs guy. They then added two very good ST LBs who are both better than Keglar. Keglar wasn't much of a reserve LB anyway. They can then decide who to keep when McRath comes back after 4 games and if/when Thornton comes back after 6 weeks. Curran should be a decent STs guys as well so that gives us 4 good ST LBs to start the season.

Although it looks like we are a little thin at LB you also have to consider we spend significant amount of time in the NB package where we only use two LBs. Tully can be the LB in those sets with Spoon. To get a guy like Thomas Howard we would have to give up something but for what? We really only need the guy for four games. Now if they saw him as a long term WLB (maybe they have doubts about Curran) and we could get him cheap I'd go for it but I doubt he comes cheap. I'm sure the Raiders aren't going to give him away for nothing.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Don't expect anymore moves for this week. When McRath is activated we'll release a guy to get him back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar