So as Titans fans...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

There are posters here who hijack every VY thread. If there was a place to discuss the matter it wouldn't be brought up in other threads.

2. emong

emong Rookie

Yo CHT, would it be wrong for me to re-hash Keith Bullock, coz frankly I'm not over that one.

3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Yeah, I was not too happy about that one either (although with the ACL injury at his age I understood the reasoning)...

How about Eddie George? I still bristle at the thought of how he was treated (although in retrospect he had no gas left in the tank I guess).

4. emong

emong Rookie

Are you kidding me?!?!? EG had plenty of gas in the tank. The guy is a work out hound. He is still in great shape. I saw him as a guest on "Survivor." He took hits day in and day out, never quit on his team. He was a leader in and out of the locker. He never cussed out his coach or threw his gear in the stands. Ooops, my bad

5. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Haha, Mawae bothered me as well. He was still playing well enough to start in this league, and was blackballed because of his position in the players union.

6. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

vy

7. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Vince Young

8. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

See post in the "What now" thread on VY...end of my comments about him.

9. bassplyr

bassplyr Starter

It's really an organization and leadership problem. In spite of the lack of success the past season, Bud was bringing Fisher back simply because he was going to have to pay him anyway. What does that say about the organization's commitment to excellence?

Head coach, DC, QB, etc. all are secondary to the lack of accountability within the organization. Whiffs on 1st round draft choices, losing key players to free agency and not replacing them with equivalent players, commitment to loyalty over competence in the staff, all are symptoms of an organization satisfied with mediocrity. Hence, all the 8-8 seasons.

All you have to do is look at the two organizations in the SB and copy what they are doing. Hire a coach with a plan, leadership skills, and the resources to go after the best players and coaches. The Titans have been stable, but without a commitment to excellence.

If they chose someone from within or an outsider with an insiders attitude, we can get used to watching the premier teams in the playoffs and get comfortable along with the Browns, Bengals, Jaguars, Bucs, and Texans as perennial also-rans. It has to start at the top.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I agree with this statement 100%. I feel that we have the personell on offense and defense we just need a few minor adjustments at some key positions and more creative playcalling. We also need a power back to get tough yardage and wear down the defense.

I'm not a fan who thinks we suck talent wise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar