So as Titans fans...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

As far as HB go DeAngelo Williams will get PAID this offseason. He is the best running back in the free agency and he will go somewhere to get the starting nod. Bradshaw would be nice but I think he will be resigned by the Giants. Bush or Tolbert would be our best bet as they are big bruising runners who would be able to give us Smash 'n' Dash 2.0. Actually it would a better tandem then Johnson/White as White was always more of a finesse back that happened to be big.

Another option is Brandon Jacobs who is might be released because of his giant contract.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. AH3

AH3 Rookie

We need to sign a coach that either is proven (Gruden or Cowher...unlikely but would be nice) or who knows his own boundaries and hires great coordinators. Munchak or Fewell could fit well here and I think grabbing one of them is likely. I'd also like to see a more creative defense that lets our talented D make plays, which will probably happen anyway with Cecil and Fisher gone.

At QB, bring in a veteran (not a big fan of McNabb, but we don't have many choices), draft Ponder, and release Collins. Collins has been as much of a part of our problems as Fisher and Cecil. With a veteran starter, we would have 2 "future" QBs in Ponder and Rusty who would learn, compete, and backup for the first year or two. Surely one of those two will end up being able to lead the team soon.

With some good signings and decision making, we should be able to draft based more on value rather than team need. Amukamara is an excellent prospect and could become a cornerstone of our defense for years like Asomugha, Bailey, etc. Getting him is a much better option than drafting a sub-par QB in the 1st out of desperation or another DE when we already have Babin and Morgan. Besides, we do face Manning/Wayne and Schaub/Johnson twice a year so a true shutdown corner would be nice and open up our defensive playbook some.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading Finnegan away for either a veteran LB or draft pick. His 15 yarders for dirty plays come like clockwork and his play has fallen off some anyway. With Verner, McCourty, and (Amukamara) we would have enough quality depth with a very talented young secondary. I know a lot of Titans fans love him, but I'm just getting tired of his antics.

Great plan for the draft and free agency:

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Sounds like you could be a good GM.

4. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

you cant be serious? did you not see rusty smith play this year....he couldnt start on the panthers team let alone be the future

5. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

I'd be shocked to see the Giants not keeping Bradshaw after this last season.

Williams I think is probably on his way out of Carolina; his issue would probably be both how much he might ask for from other teams and he may very well be trying to find a place where his job won't just be backup at this point

6. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

you're judging a rookie drafted in the 6th round pick that was thrown into a game in his first season due to mounting injuries.....you'd be pressed to find players not performing poorly in that situation

I'm not saying the guy's good or will be good at this point, but you don't 'decide' on a player, a rookie, based off his first season, let alone 1 game;

it's the same way this year doesn't make Derrick Morgan "walking injury"

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

i wouldn't complain.

Think he's probably going to look for a starting job somewhere though if he's not resigned

8. Dendore

Dendore Camp Fodder

I'll keep mine short and sweet.

If we are to do anything next year we need to open up the passing game. We need a better QB than Kerry Collins out there to do this. I would be glad to draft Cam Newton, but I think it's a long shot and there's noone else I'd be terribly enthusiastic about getting, even McNabb.

So my recommendation is to keep Vince Young. Have him start. Have him finish out his last year of contract. His onfield performance this year was pretty impressive, and I'd love to see what a new coach could do with him. If he blows up, resign him. If he has a meltdown, we boot him.

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I watched him multiple games in college, in the preseason, and obviously during the season.

I haven't seen anything that suggests to me that he could be a successful starting QB in the NFL. I just don't see it. He went to Peyton Manning camp and 'dinger apparently likes his dad's subs or something.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Bingo. Anyone doing something for the first time will take their lumps. Rusty was brought in NOT to have to play this season. IMO he did everything he could of. I'm no Rusty Smith fan, but I'll give him a chance to win me over. I can't hate a guy for trying his hardest when the ship is sinking. Your 2nd time around is always better. Look at our rookie CB's from 2009. McCoutry & Mouton, one improved, the other really sucks. Mouton does 9 out of 10 things well enough to play NFL football, but it's that 1 time he screws up that shows up on film, and with Mouton its usually a big play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar