So are we pretty much guaranteed...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sabomnim, Jan 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabomnim

Sabomnim Starter

...to screw up this offseason?

Waiting until the season ends to find a new president. Then spending more time to get a new gm (providing we aren't dumb enough to resign Webster). Then by then, have slim pickings from the bottom of the barrel for a new coach. This is all hinging on the notion that the team doesn't get sold, thus adding more time.

I can't see us possibly getting a top candidate with so much other stuff to do first. Is it possible? Is there a precedence where it's worked out before in this scenario? Other teams are already interviewing coaches and we haven't even hired the guy who hires the guy to lead our team.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

Unless they have someone in the pipeline for GM, which I think they do if Webster is let go in Monday. I don't put anything past them, but they fired the coach in nOvember and Webster was put on the sidelines, so I think they've been politicin behind the scenes for a minute

3. Oceanic815

Oceanic815 Starter

Pretty sure they only waited till the end of the season to can Webster because his contract is up anyway so they don't have to pay him. They are being smart. Unless they resign him, in which case I will cry.

4. TennesseeTom

TennesseeTom Starter

I've just been assuming that Underwood will be named permanent President. I know all these rumors are going around about Payton, but that was a long shot pipe dream from the beginning. As long as we replace Webster I'd be fine with keeping Underwood.

5. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

If they do, props to this ownership team for keeping it under wrap the way they have.

6. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I want to wake up Monday and be happy/

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Remember when we were convinced there was no way Wiz would be fired mid season.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
  8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I have been worried about this as well.

9. kenny

kenny Starter

I wrote about this a few weeks ago. Got a chill pill rating.....LOL... Now we are at the end of the season and watching as other teams are interviewing HCs....This is exactly what I was afraid of. We started with a huge head start by firing Whiz early; yet the team shows a real lack of a sense of urgency about finding a replacement.

We are right where I predicted we would be.......waiting to move while other teams move ahead. This is the real issue with this team. The people that make decisions lack the confidence or intelligence to get an early start. Now we have other teams already in the hunt. There are several open spots for GMs & HCs to pick from. I want the Titans to make the right choice this time around. However, they have had more than enough time to evaluate candidates for BOTH positions (GM & HC) that need immediate attention.

We just have to hope that there is a legit GM & HC out there that want to lead a team out of the gutter. Mariota and a top draft pick will make this team attractive. The hands off approach of our ownership will also be attractive to lots of guys.

I really wish this team thought more of its fans than to keep us in the dark the way they do. I really just hope that they are keeping everyone in the dark & have already began the process of evaluating GM & HC candidates.

I will be thoroughly disappointed with Webster back.... Even more than I am that we had such a huge head start on the search and still have stumbled out of the gate.

• Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 2
  10. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

Sorry Kenny...Couldn't resist ;)

In all seriousness, let it all play out.

• Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar