So again, I ask... Who's the best QB in the league THIS YEAR?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Feb 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Vince Young was in the probowl. I didnt see Drew Brees or Peyton Manning in the probowl. My Vote is VY.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The garcon drop was huge because Manning wouldn't throw another pass all half. If garcon catches that ball it would have been at least a 13-3 colt lead before Brees saw the ball again because the colts were driving.

There was a pass deep to Collie when Vilma was in coverage and Collie didn't adjust well to the ball and missed a chance at a big play.

I will give Porter as much credit for a great play as i would give Manning blame for a bad play but that was Drew brees' night and all the credit to him.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Yeah but Brees' play can't be ignored. He didn't throw a single pick in the post season and was very Montana like. 4 pro bowls and a super bowl win is not bad for a guy who just turned 31 and is playing his best ball.

4. AH3

AH3 Rookie

Not surprised this got started up again. Brees had a better game last night. That doesn't make him a better QB than Manning, just means he was better in the game last night. Peyton's career and overall execution throughout his career have been incredible, despite struggling in the playoffs. Brees hasn't had that type of longevity yet.

Someone said that the better team, not always the better QB, wins the Super Bowl. I think that was the case. Brees played well, but without the onside kick, the 3 40+ yard field goals, and the INT by Porter, the Saints may not have won. Brees didn't do any of those- the Saints did.

I'll give credit where it's due and the Saints and Brees certainly deserve it. They played a great game. The Colts didn't, including Manning, the WRs, and the D. I gained a lot of respect for Addai and, especially, Freeney after watching the game. Both played tough and gave it all they had.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Maybe but there's more to being a QB than stats. Colts never lost during the regular season with their starters in, Saints got killed by Cowboys and lost to Tampa. But either way, 1 Superbowl ring is worth more than 50 regular season MVPs.

6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Did anyone notice how during the replays of mannings throws, he throws the ball down. That's why his receivers always look like their falling. Im not saying he throws bad, im just saying, did anyone notice that.

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i think a best out of 3 games Peyton would beat Brees.

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Excellent post. Hit the nail on the head.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Sure Peyton Manning didn't win this time, but 9 of 10 games he does win. I can't say from one or two seasons of watching Brees closely that he's the best. I have watched Manning since his days at Tennessee and he's the better player on most days. I am thrilled Brees and the Saints got their Super Bowl, Brees earned it.

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I'm of the opinion that Peyton Manning is the best QB ever, a prototypical QB in every aspect. You cant win many Super Bowls with great offense and no defense though. That being said, however, absolutely no QB in the league has played better then Brees over the past two seasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar