So a quick recap of SEC football within the past few weeks...

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Aug 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Oh it's also not a shock, surprised this just now came out. How else do you think schools grab top recruits?

Now I will say this though, Fluker was homeless after Katrina hit and his family was living under the poverty line for some time. If anyone should take money, it's him. Not that punk they put on Time magazine.

2. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

That has nothing to do with recruiting, it has to do with NFL agents.. how is that a school's fault? Penalize the agents who know they are in the wrong as well as the players.

How about the NCAA fine the NFL for not keeping its agents in line?

3. The Playmaker

Recruiting is a separate issue but that's not clean either.

NFLPA can't do anything about it, it's a dirty game. What's worse is if the school finds out what are they supposed to do? Suspend one of their best players because he took money he needed from a crook or wait it out and hope nothing comes from it? Either way you're screwed.

I do believe some states have a law about agents talking to players but the issue with that is no one in a program wants people snooping around and finding something potentially more damaging.

4. kstone

kstone Starter

I think 90-95 percent of college football players are getting paid. That's why I think should make it okay for college players to get paid. Do it like this put money every week in a trust fund. If you leave early or get kicked off the team then you lose a certain amount of it. I think that would be fair.

5. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I'm just stunned anyone payed for Bray...

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'm not entirely sure about that. Bama is still under the repeat offender window from their last NCAA violations. If the NCAA finds something they're at least going to lose some scholarships.

7. Inaccurate Passer

Inaccurate Passer Starter

Alabama is a modern day SMU
    1995: Major violations with Antonio Langham
    2002: Albert Means and paying for 15 other guys
    2009: Violations because of the textbook things
    Another violation with DJ Fluker would be absurd. If 3 years of no postseason play, countless scholarship deductions and vacating 45 wins don't stop them, they have earned death

8. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I think as long as it is just Agent to Player, the schools won't get hit more than maybe having to forfeit some wins. For UT, that isn't a big deal...Bama is another story. I doubt though that NCAA will touch their championships.

9. The Playmaker

only if they can pin it back on Bama knowing

that's at least from what the college insider guys are saying right now

10. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

If Johnny Cash and $cam Cam can get away from the NCAA, I'm sure DJ Fluker will as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar