Snow

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mitch86, Jan 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PandaPancake

PandaPancake Starter

This one? Sounds reasonable

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. RTH

RTH Meh...

That's why I said the regulations are such that they may as well be illegal. It is reasonable, but your average person will not be able to maintain such regulations. Commercial vehicles, on the other hand...

3. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I've never known anyone to use tire chains or anything like that here. I also have never saw them for sale.

We usually only get 2-3 bad days every winter so most people probably wouldnt invest in them anyway. Most people know someone with a jacked up 4 wheel drive to borrow or to pull them out of a ditch. Lol

4. PandaPancake

PandaPancake Starter

Tire cables would be about $20 on sale. A reasonable investment

5. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

We are desperately looking for a way to get her home. The problem is that all the connecting flights they had scheduled over the next 2 days come out of coastal cities north of Charlotte. She is considering trying to drive home, but we are unsure of the road conditions in the North Georgia area. It looks like the Chattanooga area just got rain, but I do know that once you get up Monteagle Mountain and on the Plateau that it becomes pretty bad. I haven't seen I24 here yet.

@BigTT How are the road conditions in North Georgia?

#55 Aqutis30, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Let me assure you - the roaches have taken over.

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
  7. Aqutis30

Thank you, the appropriate edit has been made lol.

8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

It's hilly so it doesn't take much to screw it up. Rained a lot yesterday...turned to snow last night...didn't really amount to much. But it is now in the mid 20's with a light snow so the roads are slick in places.

9. Aqutis30

I viewed the traffic cameras for the interstate that goes into Chattanooga and the traffic is moving, but I wasn't sure if the conditions are actually worse than they look and these drivers on the cam are idiots lol.

10. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

What part of SC is she coming from?

I live up north now (midwest, so we pretty much have avoided all of the fun, although I had to get out of the east yesterday before the fun started), but I did that drive from Nashville area to both Greenville (I-85) and Aiken SC (I-20) a whole lot back in the day, and through a variety of weather conditions. It can get a bit slick, but if you stay easy on the gas and brakes it would likely be passable based on what I have read here. If she is doing a one way rental anyway, have you considered "splitting the difference" and meeting her south of Monteagle (Chattanooga? Maybe Dalton area, or Atlanta?). That way you could do the driving over the potentially bad parts...

If you all have kids that may not be such a good idea either though....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar