Snow day without any snow yet....love my job.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Big TT, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

That is bad for kids. To keep them inside. Pussifies them. Bundle the kids up and kick their fat asses outside. It is healthy for them. In nordic countries they start when the kid is an infant. Bundle the kid up and park it on the back porch for a bit every day. When I was a kid I would race to be out in weather like this. Skiing, tobogganing, snowball fights, you name it.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Me, hammer, and Pmar as kids

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. JCBRAVE

BigTT today

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. The Hammer

My dad was a teacher in a rural area where everyone bused to school on country roads. But we lived in a dense suburban area where no one bused. School was often closed for my dad because roads would be closed. But never for me :(

5. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

There isn't a single flake where I live...still my school district plans for 12 snow/bad weather days per year. Use them or loose them....I want to use them.

6. XO

XO Nevada Native

I was disappointed when I went to college in Knoxville.

I figured they were just snow crazy in college as public schools were in Nashville.

It snowed a few inches one day my first year.

Woke up for my 8 o' clock class and looked out my dorm window.

"No class today fags, I'm smoking weed and playing Halo all day!"

Checked my webmail/campus site.

-University is open - Classes are NOT cancelled-

I had to get dressed and hike across Knoxville in the snow and ice.

My first taste of the real world.

7. JCBRAVE

What?!?

12 planed snow days are built into your year? Wow, my kids only get 3 or 4. If school is closed tomorrow my kids school year gets pushed back a day. Up here the schools make sure they're open for a specific number of days.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Big TT

Each district makes its own schedule, but yes we have 12 snow days built into the year. 8 more left for this school year by my count. Of course if we don't use them we don't get out early.

9. The Hammer

I am sure all school employees are paid for the day too right

10. Big TT

Teachers are, but as I said the days are built into the school year, if we don't use them they don't start summer 12 days early. On average I would say we use about 6-8 per year around here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar