Slept on players of the upcoming draft:

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Deuce Wayne, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

There's a shock......

That he is not considered one of the 300 best players eligible for the draft?

2. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

The one thing about him though is the injuries he's piled up, he tore an ACL and missed the entire 2006 season then hurt his knee this past year (patellar tendon iirc). No doubt without the injuries this guy would have been awesome, and it says alot about him to come back from them all and continue to play at a high level. When Nebraska's so called "blackshirt" defense got embarrassed this year, he was the first one to take his blackshirt off, because he knew the team wasn't playing up to the real blackshirt level. I really hope this guy has a great future in the NFL, who knows maybe with the Titans

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

beat me to it

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

It's hard to imagine that someone not invited to the combine could possibly get into the 5th or 6th round. The combine invites people based on gaged interest from actual NFL teams, not just blind guesses by some clueless entity. If NFL teams aren't interested in having him go head to head with the other prospects, there is little chance that he would be taken with more than a 7th round flier, or, more likely, a FA tryout. If the combine has 300 players, then certainly there are even players that are invited to the combine who do not get drafted. The numbers just don't add up.

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Finnegan wasn't invited to the combine and has turned out great.

If Lockey were to make it in the pros then he would be a true sleeper. He did play in the east-west shrine game and was more impressive than Okam.

Okam just looked plain awful to me. Poor technique and poor effort. He will fall to the later rnds I think.

Austin Bill what do you think of Billy Pittman? I'd like to see the Titans bring him in as an UDFA.

Kevin Robinson is another sleeper I like. WR and PR/KOR from Utah State. He is not fast but he has great vision, timing and suddeness that make him a great returner. Returned a punt in the Shrine game for a TD and also caught a TD pass.

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Case in point. Finnegan was a 7th round selection and only taken there because of the excellent athleticism shown at his pro day.

7. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

I just don't know that Pittman has true NFL ability, looking at other Texas receivers that didn't make it in the NFL, I would put his ability somewhere around what BJ Johnson had and he stuck in the NFL for about 1 year. He is not big nor is he very fast. He has above average hands but nothing more.

Two more names that didn't get invited to the NFL combines, Priest Holmes and Selvin Young. I'm sure there is a hell of a lot more but those are the ones that comes to mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar