Slam dunks and whodathunk its

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rodgev, Aug 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodgev

rodgev Starter

What is the one game that we will not lose and the one game that nobody thinks we should win but we will and why?

Slam dunk-- NYJ at LP Field. The Jets have one of the worst QB situations in the league backed up by one of the worst receiving corps in the league and the running backs aren't that great either. Buttfumble is weak against pressure and if Williams has his way we will blitz him all game long forcing turnovers. This is one game where we have an advantage in most of the one on one matchups across the board offensively and defensively.

Whodathunk it-- SF at LP Field. The niners will play three brutal games before coming to Nashville. @STL and home against the Texans and Cardinals. The Texans are one of the dirtiest teams in the league in my opinion with the Zone blocking scheme, Smith and Swearinger but they are also a physical team that tries to run all day long. The Rams and Cardinals are also physical and in the division so those matchups will be tough for them. The niners will be looking past the Titans while preparing for their London trip then bye week after all we are only the Titans right.

Wrong Zach Brown has the speed to corral Kaepernick and their receivers aren't a problem they have a great running game but so should we so it will be another slugfest that we will come put on top of and put the NFL on notice that the Titans are back

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I think the Jets could be a slam dunk for the reasons you stated. We beat them last year, and I think we are much improved from then (and they might be worse off now).

My 'whodathunk' is at Texans week 2. They will be coming off a season opener monday night game on the west coast. So long travel and short week before everyone is 'in the groove' of things as far as playing in regular season goes. Plus, they play the Super Bowl champion Ravens the following week. I think Houston may look a little ahead to that game because they will want to prove that they can break into that 'elite' category (although I don't think the Ravens will be elite this year) and what better way to prove it than beating the SB champs.

I don't think that they think much of the Titans, and this could be a trap game for them ... I also think we will be better than they expect.

3. rodgev

rodgev Starter

Didnt think about that texans game I hope that you are right 2-0 would start our season of right lol

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'll have what you're smoking.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I made a similar thread about "cupcake games"

If we win the games we're suppose to, we'll be playing in January.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You might be right.

Did you know the Niners are staying in Nashville before heading to London?

7. rodgev

rodgev Starter

No I did not. This will be looked at as nothing but a major inconvenience to the players.

8. rodgev

rodgev Starter

As long as you don't get random drug tests I'm willing to share the first time after that you gotta put $5 on it.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Uhh... deal? $5 is a steal haha

10. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

The problem is we don't win the games we're supposed to win. We'll probably lose to Kansas ******, one of the Jacksonville games, and one of the Oakland/Arizona/San Diego games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar