Skip Bayless

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Mitch86, Aug 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The show was way better when it was Cold Pizza. Then it was ok when it was First Take with 1st and 10. The debate segments were much more palatable when they were broken up.

The hilarity that has become Skip Bayless since that show has been on the air is amazing. He straight up calls people out. "IF HE WANTS TO COME ON THIS SHOW AND DEBATE ME I'LL BE HERE!" I'm sure pro athletes have more to do with their time...

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. Fry

But who was better than those guys drafted significantly later?

Was David Garrard that much better than David Carr? I might give you that one.

Alex Smith was the second best QB in that class, with the best being Rodgers at pick 24. No one in the fourth or later even sniffed a starting job.

VY was easily better than Ingle Martin, Omar Jacobs, Reggie McNeal, Bruce Gradkowski and DJ Shockley.

As bad as Russell was there isn't another guy from that QB class starting right now. Kevin Kolb had his chances. Troy Smith might get an opportunity eventually.

As injured as Sam Bradford has been, I don't think there is any argument about him being the best QB in that class.

2013 might not have enough time to evaluate just yet, but EJ Manuel and Geno Smith are the only ones competing for jobs.

NFL scouts are not perfect, especially when it comes to QBs, but they generally don't screw up in the Tom Brady manner. Qbs selected late usually amount to dick and guys taken highly are generally better. For Skip Bayless to be right both factors need to go against their trends.

3. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

I will say this, First Take is dope when they go on the road.

When they were in SA for the NBA Finals the past couple of years, I went. My friend got autographs of some of the guest. Skip was actually cool and talked sports with a few a people before/after shooting.

Cari Champion is like 6'5. Tall ass broad.

edit: Maybe not 6'5 but she was taller than Stephen A & Skip.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Fry

That is another thing that contributes to the caricature of Skip Bayless. Announcing them like they're running through the tunnel and high-fiving people as they go to the desk. So. ****ing. Stupid.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Moreso Cowherd.

I usually have numbers/reasons to back up the things I say.

But had this convo with a friend the other day. I'm fine with that assessment.

Gotta' be polarizing in some form or people won't read/listen to your stuff anyway.

6. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

I'll give you one thing, you're a deuce all right. Can't vouch for the "Wayne" part, but Deuce seems to fit you well.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Spider-520, Spider-520
    Does whatever a Spider-520 can do
    Can he eat.
    A giant burrito?
    Yes he can
    He's Mexican
    Look out, its Spider-520

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Mettenbooger

9. Fry

Yeah, ok 520.

10. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

Well let em have him...

We'll take Marcus and win championships...

End of story

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar