Six Reasons The Xbox 360 Is in Trouble

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Puck, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Kias are selling like crazy too. Are they better than BMW's? McDonalds has more customers than Red Lobster. Is it better? Gimmicky cheap games will outsell the serious and powerful ones. The Wii WILL die far faster before the 360 and PS3 though, and this is something i think pretty much everyone understands.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

McDonalds has also been successful throughout it's entire existence.

Better is in the eye of the beholder, and irrelevant. It's more successful.

3. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

It's been released and recommended from somewhere but I'm not sure where the source is. But 360 released a statment saying that since there have been so many disc repairs or reimbustments, that they decided that it is best that you should leave your Xbox360 in the Horizontal position.

I also had some promblems like you nick, but I felt that support did very well and did all possible to fix my problems. I originally had a core360(ring of doomed), they sent me a brand new Premium 360 System free of charge for the incovience that I had expeirenced. Also, I told her about my games that had been scratched and were unplayable, so they then covered all that too by sending me new ones. Finally on top of all, she told me that she would extend my warranty for 1 more yr(which costs around $40) for free. Then Xbox360 and Microsoft released a statement that all units that had been purchased past some certain date, saying that you would get and extra 3 year warranty added onto your current one. So I now have my 360 insured for 4 years, a more expensive system than I had purchased and all my games work great. No problems since all this has been solved, and I thought they did an exceptional job with me.

Yes I understand they have had alot of problems out of them since they were rushed and put on the shelves a year faster than all other next gen systems, but the conclusion shouldnt be determined yet.... Xbox isn't going to stop making systems just because of some flaws and money issues. To me it seems like all we see is the negative, when all they are really concentraiting on is treating the customers right and doing their best to keep them? To me thats not signs of a plumiting system(360) and saying that they'll fail.

And the Japan sells thing is just nonsence... PS3 did worse than Xbox360, which is sad to me since Sony is in Japan.
    ^in regards to Puck's topic....

Xbox360 is on top and here to stay for the meantime... Lots of great games coming. One more friggin note, I've noticed game company's that make games that are soley for one specific system are now starting to wing out(Like the NEW GTA). They just wouldn't do that for no reason, its because they know what there doing(getting more buys from a better system).

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

they will stop because the system doesn't sell. It's going at the same rate as the mostly average x-box did. They are losing millions on replacing and upping warranties for over 30% of their product.

PS3 did worse? PS3 sells more in Japan than the 360. And it is the 2nd biggest gaming market

that made zero sense.

5. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

They have that under control... it's in concrete, yeh they may lose money but just insane for anyone or hell even Microsoft to say just F-it...

Look at this....
    DS Lite: 148,147 units
    PSP: 19,123 units
    PS2: 16,157 units
    GBA SP: 3,864 units
    GB Micro: 1,213 units
    GameCube: 496 units
    DS: 279 units
    GBA: 19 units
    Xbox: 3 units(don't need a punch line please)
    But my point is, DUH Nintendo and Sony! they are right dab smack in the middle and emerged there.

This is the first time Microsoft has introduced the 360 to Japan. And most of the people there are sold on anything that is made by either.

And I don't believe it is fair to even compair the Wii with the 360 and PS3

I'm just waisting my time then.... no need to argue it... but in all that was said about that I was saying that Microsoft has games that are coming out that are proven to be some of the top selling games. Turns into more consoles bought and games for the 360 in return.

I just want to say that I have a Wii and I don't play it unless I'm chillin at home with a few friends and beer is a requirement, makes a time at home with a few people laugh. I mainly bought it for my Girlfriend cuz she wanted something to play that was easy and kid like.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

they will persist with it. But both machines are thus far average in success and Microsoft may just pull the plug on console making.

what is it?

of course it's the first time. 360 has only ever been out once. However Japan is still a major market and Microsoft just doesn't sell well there.

Regardless it is more successful than either 360 and PS3.

So does the PS3.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

understood, thanks for the clarification

I will still contend that losing peanuts on software applications is not quite relevant in terms of losing billions fiscally on hardware

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Ask 20 people if they want steak or hamburger and 18 will say Steak. However, which do you think sells better?
    Is that a better analogy or are you going to dodge that one too?

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

ok, that's the last time anyone in this discussion should enter that into text
    the Wii is very much in the same category
    they are all 3 listed as Video Game Consoles

if you go to Best Buy, the 360 / 3 / and Wii are all in the same section
    the Wii isn't tucked back in the back in a little corner by the software
    it's actually in the same aisle as the ps3
    and guess what .... there a quite a few ps3's and 360's ALWAYS
    there's hardly EVER a Wii on the shelf

why ?
    because Nintendo took a chance and succeeded
    NOONE gave the Wii a snowballs chance in hell at market share in the console gaming market. Gimmicky control scheme. Weak 3rd party support. No DVD playback (like that matters in todays market where most people have UpConverting players anyway). No HD (yes this hurts), but hey Mobile Suit Gundham is HD ... so is Vampire Rain .... so what

and despite being a year late to the party, Nintendo has quickly put itself in the 360's rear-view mirror and will most likely pass them by after this holiday season

and the Wii has some great exclusive titles on the horizon
    Metroid Prime : Corruption
    Resident Evil Umbrella Chroncles
    Super Smash Bros Brawl
    Ghost Squad
    Fishing Master
    Soul Caliber Legends
    Super Mario Galaxy

the Wii will be around for awhile

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

ask 20 people if they wanna pay for a hamburger or a steak and 18 of them will tell you they'll buy the hamburger first

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar