Six Reasons The Xbox 360 Is in Trouble

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Puck, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

ironically, I saw one today at Best Buy .... thought about picking it up
    eBay and all .....

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

who said it was going to be just a 2 horse race ?

there was a buzz not to long back about Apple getting into the fray
    there's also been rumor of Sega teaming up with someone (Apple?)
    I'd LOVE to see an Apple / Sega team ... sweetness

probably not going to happen though
    but I just can't see Microsoft continuing to flush billions down the toilet

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

well, that's what we're discussing isn't it ?
    game consoles ?
    that's what I've always loved about NINTENDO, they put gaming first

I like the 360 more as a game console than a Media Center, because I do not have a Windows Media Center PC (nor do I care to). the Marketplace is FULL of stuff to buy but alot of it has timed limits, so WTF? and with most of us only owning 20gb hdd's (that are almost full as it is), the plethora of media available for me is worthless as I no longer have the space to store it ... and I simply refuse to pay $179 for 120gb hdd .... hell, for that much you can get a nice 500gb hdd.

I LOVE the PS3 as a BLuRay player and partially as a game console. It could be alot better. The PlayStation Store only updates the goodies once in a blue moon ... and there really isn't much to speak of besides a few random demos .... Sony needs a killer App soon. Great Entertainment 'device' .... so-so game console (so far) .... p.s. I have been dusting off some 2 titles to see how it plays upconverted to 1080p = nice

the Wii ? neat little game console
    Super Paper Mario, Mario Strikers, Legend of Zelda, RE4wii, etc... are great games and they're fun to play ..... there's more to gaming than just a pretty GUI. however, there are some Wii titles that I prefer to play on other consoles ... Zelda for instance, I played on GameCube. why? waving that wiimote around for hours on end can due a number on your tendons
    It's a neat concept, but one that can get old aftyer awhile
    I'd prefer games come with the option of using a standard controller or the WiiMoteChuck ,,, instead of forcing you to use the remote

4. Ok, honestly guys if you couldnt get the sarcasm from my post u need to lighten up.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

had there been a resemblance of sarcasm to your post I'm sure most here would have gotten it - thanks for trying :wink2:

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

That's why I told you to look at products like MS Project Server. For years it was horrible and didn't sell well, yet they stuck with it and purchased the expertise they were lacking from others.

7. OILERTATTOO

OILERTATTOO Starter

Your point has merit.

Scary thought is that M$ can actually afford to lose that type of coin and not sweat it.

I tired of the Wii very quickly.

My 12 year old daughter uses it quite a bit and not for gaming.

She likes using the Opera web browser.

When she games, she plays the 360 almost exclusively as she got bored with the Wii as well.

The Wii is a great *party* console. imo

Later

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

and how'd that work out for them ?

---The first version, Microsoft Project for Windows v1.0, was started in 1987 on contract to a small external company. In 1988 the company was acquired by Microsoft, bringing the development project in-house where it was finished and released in 1990 as part of the company's applications offerings for Microsoft Windows 3.0.----

I'm not real clear on how a server project (software) has much relation to a multi-billion dollar money pit (hardware)

it really only further serves my point
    as where MS does much better at software application branding

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

It hasn't so far, only with the latest release of Project Server 2007 are they in a position to gain significant percentages of the market, and part of that is because of the tight integration with Sharepoint. But from then and until now they were massively out performed by the likes of Artemis, SAP, etc. yet they they didn't fold.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

hold up Vig
    it sounds like you're contradicting yourself
    I thought you were using the Project Server scenario as evidence of success in the face of failure. Yet 20 years from inception it's still not quite right ?

I don't think Microsoft can afford to continue to lose $2 BILLION /yr on hardware manufacturing/support/failure when they could recoup some of that loss by simply publishing games

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar