Six NFL teams are ranking Auburn's Cam Newton as the top quarterback prospect

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I rewatched the Titans superbowl game the other day and forgot what a luxury it was to have McNair. Some of the runs he made that game were amazing! Not only could he run he could also throw. It made me want another QB like that.

That being said I can't decide whether Cam will be the next McNair or the next JaMarcus Russell. He might fall inbetween them.

2. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Which is why I do not think that he (or any QB in the draft) is worth a top 20 pick.

That being said...

I seem to remember us drafting McNair pretty high, then sat him for the better part of 3 years. Worked out pretty well.

We started VY early...how did that work out for him (and us)?

I would not make the blanket statement that ALL QBs drafted high are ready to start right away. Some do ok, some completely flop, which IMO leaves a pretty large scar on their confidence going forward.

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

IF we draft Newton then I would want to bring in a vet like McNabb to tutor him and a back-up like Seneca Wallace/Troy Smith to compete for the second spot and act as a back-up.

I think it is a major weakness if a team has to drastically change their gameplan when the starter goes down. Having McNabb/Smith/Newton as our QB stable would mean that no matter who went down we would still be able to run the same plays with the expectation the our QB has the ability to make plays with their legs

4. 24

24 Starter

I still doubt we draft Newton. Considering we're moving towards the WCO, we may sign someone like McNabb, draft someone late, and develop them. Newton, Locker, and Mallett don't fit the system, Gabbert could work.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What system? We don't even know who are OC is yet.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

No Mcnair became a full time starter in year 3, 1997. But in his first 2 years he played a lot he had 223 pass attempts so it wasn't like he just did nothing in that time.

The only way to tell if a QB ios ready to play is to play him. Since we are cleaning house i doubt of Kerry Collins is back but if we did sign Mcnabb and also drafted Newton i have no problem with him sitting for a year.

I honesty don't see that happening. I don't think they are going to pay Mcnabb good money and then draft a QB 8th for $7-8M a year also. If we go Qb in rd one he will be expected to play soon.

7. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

^^^
    so true.... so so true

i think anyone that is drafted by us is gonna be expected to come in and play from day one

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I'd rather have a new Cam shaft for the Ranger and a bag of fig Newtons

9. 24

24 Starter

wco.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Really.

I could do the exact same workout. Maybe less velocity on my pass, but I guarantee I could complete the same passes.

And I had .00000000098 chance of playing college football as a QB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar