Six NFL teams are ranking Auburn's Cam Newton as the top quarterback prospect

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You are no great loss then.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I would start him from day one. Rams did that with Bradford, Ravens with Flacco and the Falcons with Ryan. Steelers almost from day one with Roelisberger.

If they think enough to of a guy to draft him that high then play him right away.

3. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

then leave now... if you're going to "unfan" a team that easily due to a certain draft pick, you're not a fan to begin with

as for newton... i myself wouldn't touch him with a ten and a half feet pole... but if we draft him (which i hope we don't), I'll disagree, but support it and hope for the very best...
    who knows.. he may be our next mcnair.... we never know... but he has a very long way to go...

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

FYI to those half baked fans. The Titans are 15th in tv ratings among all NFL teams. 2X the ratings of the Texans. Bigger ratings than the Ravens or Packers this decade.

Some fans seem to think they are doing the team a favor pretending to be fans like we desperately need you or something. We don't!

We sell out our stadium even in lean years and people want to watch our team. Maybe even more so now with a new coach.

We don't need you.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Jamarcus Russell vs Cam Newton..

Rushing yardage..

Russell 3 seasons LSU 79 yards..

Newton one year Auburn 1400 yards..

Gosh maybe something is different there. Duhhhhhhh..

Newton's passing rating was 182 this year. Come up with a QB who had a better passing rating than that.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

People are comparing him to Jamarcus Russell for the sure-fire bust that he'll be... not actual numbers/style.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Dude... he played at the end of the season when nothing mattered against terrible teams.

Had he started all season he wouldn't have cracked a 75qb rating... you can bank on that.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Why is everyone clamoring over a workout by a guy who has a strong arm going up against air? He won the Heisman trophy for Christ's sake, he should look good in shorts and no defensive pressure.

A ball didn't hit the ground, awesome. You mean he can get the ball within reach of a receiver when the QB isn't being rushed and the WR doesn't have to worry about getting hit? AWESOME!

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. 24

24 Starter

The workout is being overhyped. He just further reinforced his strengths, and he didn't answer his weaknesses. He doesn't always keep a good lower base, which affects his short accuracy. His biggest problem is anticipation. If he fails in the NFL, that will be the reason why, I guarantee it. He doesn't anticipate his WRs getting open. He waits until they are clear, then uses his strong arm to fit it in. Unfortunately, with zone blitzes, hidden coverages, etc., he will struggle unless he learns to anticipate.

10. xBrah

xBrah Hope we get a new SS

I'd rather trade for Josh Johnson than draft Cam Newton

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar