Six NFL teams are ranking Auburn's Cam Newton as the top quarterback prospect

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Warren Moon is going to call his buddy Munch on April and we are going to draft Newton. Book it my friends. Book it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Those of you high on Cam Newton...

[]and also high on crack, considering that's what it'd take to be high on Newton)[/]

Are you equally as high on Terrelle Pryor?

If not... why?

They're essentially the exact same quarterback- one just played in a better suited offense while the other played in a bit more pro-style.

They both have the same strengths, the same question marks, the same off-field drama and stupidity...

Basically, I'm asking... are you really high on Cam Newton... or just the ESPN hype of Cam Newton?

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

FWIW, Cam has got 15-20 lbs on Pryor.

I don't want either one. NFL Live was all over Cam's junk today... made it sound like his latest workout was going to propel him to the #1 overall pick.

If I had to pick one it would be Cam. Pryor is a douche to say the least. Cam is a much more likeable human while I feel Pryor will end up in prison someday.

4. 24

24 Starter

I have a better question, why do we need another Cam Newton thread?

5. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

Cam Newton I'm OK with, but Pryor I detest. I grew up in Western PA when my school played against him 2 years in a row and every year you'd hear about his exploits with girlfriends, etc. as the game was coming up. No clue about Cam's off-the-field drama other than his uncle's crap but I know Pryor is personally a bad person.

6. 24

24 Starter

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What is Cam Newton's record as a starting QB? To me that is ther starting point. Nobody, nobody would say that Auburn had the best players in the country. He took just a good team and won a national championship with them. That Auburn team did not have as many NFL caliber players on it as the Texas team VY won a championship with.

He has a very quick compact release. He has a great arm with excellent accuracy.

He has a warrior mentality much like Mcnair. Somebody commented on his mechanics when the game is on the line. Well how did he play when the game is on the line? He took his game to another level when he had to against the best defenses.

Everybody wants to compare Newton to VY. Why not Culpepper in his prime? Mcnabb or Mcnair?

Before the knee injury Culpepper went 5 years averaging a 92 passing rating and 465 yards rushing per. Cam Newton has the same type of tools or better.

He is bigger and faster than Mcnair. He has great feet and lateral quickness in the pocket.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He had a better passing rating and a better TD to int rating than Sam Bradford and averaged 66 yards rushing per start.

Where are your numbers genius? Everybody is licking Sam Bradford's butt like he is going to be the god of QBs but Bradford was well equiped and well coached for the nfl. What if he doesn't improve that much? It is possible.

Tebow had the better numbers and he has more upside from where he is currently at.

9. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I am not a big Newton fan (especially at #8), BUT, given what I am seeing with coach hirings here (basically an "Oilers from the 80s" reunion) I cannot disagree with this logic.

I still think that he is a project though, and putting him on the field before at least 2 seasons would be very bad for him (and for the team that does this).

IF we plan to draft Newton, I would like to see us find a West Coast Offense OC, sign McNabb (assuming last year was an aberration and that he does actually still have gas in the tank), and have Newton learn for a couple of seasons.

Our failed attempt to get Callahan may have been an indicator of this strategy, but with him out of the picture it will be interesting to see who Munchak goes for next.

10. akg62

akg62 Camp Fodder

If we draft Cam Newton, I will officially be switching teams! Titans, Can you say Jamarcus Russell?

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar