Site Hacked

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm just glad we are only losing three days of stuff instead of three months like before.

2. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Well, it seems that several other sites were affected as well. It wasn't an isolated incident. These Script kiddies usually find some vulnerability on a server, which allows them to run a script that modifies index files. It's a common practice.

Jeff - isn't this the second time the site has a similar problem? Did it happen with the same web host?

3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I found my way in.... I miss this place. Has Billy been traded yet :)

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I think the forum has been moved to baltimore along with everyting else.

I blame the squeelers, dolts and ratbirds

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

i guess we are back. looks like the hacked links are still busted.
    the message says "please upload this file" ...

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

as far as I can tell posts were not lost.

7. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

This was undoubtedly a result of Kerry Collins fans wanting to erase criticism of their boy on this board!

8. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

I know of a few other sites that were hacked during this time frame... including mine. They indeed altered the index file to only say "Hacked by Bela" with a Turkey GIF(the country, not the bird) and kindly left a link to their site (Which is in a form of Turkish... or whatever language they speak in Turkey). They also screwed with my database, so now I must hunt for the problem and most likely clear at least that part of my DB. These idiots just go around defacing stuff for the fun of it. Most are probably pot-heads with nothing else better to do. Freakin' makes me MAD! :grrr:

9. Well I'm just glad it wasn't hacked as badly unlike one of my favourite sites, which lost everything and had to start from scratch all over again, happened quite recently actually.

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

This is the first time I've been able to get on the site.

I've never heard of the other Titan MB's being hacked, but gotitans has been more than once. Coincidence?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar