Sirmon Hoping to Land in the Middle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: LB Peter Sirmon, primarily a strong-side linebacker throughout his career, has been working at the middle spot during the teams OTAs since the Titans signed former Colt David Thornton. "One of the first things you've got to do in football is you've got to find your role, and as soon as you find your role, you've got to play to it," Sirmon said. "If they ask you to change that role or do something else, then you've got to adapt again. I think this is getting to be the role that I am probably going to play, and I am looking to play it well." Sirmon is sure to be approached about lowering his scheduled $2.4 million base salary and still isn't guaranteed to stick as the Titans drafted North Carolina State LB Stephen Tulloch in the fourth round. "Pete's the type of guy who's going to do what he has to do to stay on the field and if it's play middle linebacker, he's going to play middle linebacker," LB Keith Bulluck said.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Its good to see Thornton flying around the field.

Another under-rated pick up.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Let's hope Sirmon can be a monster in the middle.

4. fltitan

fltitan Guest

If Sirmon is completly recovered he good be just what we need in the middle . He understands our defense better than anyone else on the field, has great instincts and can make up for his lack of speed with his smarts. He will probably only be on the field 30% to 40% of the time so he should stay fresh for the entire game. Our lb situation could be much better this year.

5. He's gonna be competing for MLB with Tulloch

Good to see Sirmon competetive and up for the challenge!

6. hes also gonna be competing with moses from my high school, we had a freshman carwash thing today with the HH girls and i saw him cause he brought his car by to get it washed, and the dude is friggen huge, his arms are massive

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Are we going to start hearing Kassell comparisons?

8. Sledge

Sledge Guest

i usually hope to land in the middle too, cuz if i don't, hurts like hell

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

IF Sirmon can find his gonads he will be much faster than Kassell. Probably as good a tackler - although that is what Kassell is known for. And hopefully Sirmons football smarts will follow him to MLB.

I want Sirmon to suceed at MLB, but I still have problems with his "resignation" fax.

10. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

thats true, it'll definitely be one of the good camp battles between him and tulloch...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar