Sirmon Asks Titans for Release

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think Sirmon for Ed Reed is fair. Even add in Lamont Thompson.

In all seriousness I doubt we will get anything except a draft pick and maybe a scrub for Sirmon. I can't think of any #2 safties who are half way decent.

2. CanadaTitan

CanadaTitan Guest

mabye a swap with the browns for jeff faine? or SK would know if hes released do we save the 2.4 mill cause that would be some extra cash to get hope, greisen in here

3. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

So now a Mike is a must, either at FA or at the 1st- 2nd round, cause we need a starter right now, and I dont know how many of the MLBs in the draft can step up for the job right away.

4. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Shop him to the Colts, they'll take him.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Prefer him not to goto a division rival.

6. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Why not? With the Colts' luck, he'll get an ACL injury or whatever. Remember Calmus?

7. I really don't know why he wants to leave. I mean the only thing that can make him wanna leave is the fact that the Titans use Nickle a lot.

Can we get a 3rd for him?
    (probably NO)

8. The writing was on the wall for Pete after not contributing the last 2 years. First they declined his option bonus. Then they gave away his position. They can't tell him what his role is now. And they are still looking at more LBs. He had to know that his job was in serious jeopardy.

I don't blame him for wanting out. It's easier to get a good contract now that it will be after the draft. That's not to that that I'd just cut him, but once they look around and find that he has no trade value (or maybe we'll get some late pick), that may be the way we go anyway...

9. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

our best case is maybe Gunther and KC will give up a third for him.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm not surprised by this at all. Going to a new position, playing fewer snaps, the possibility of having to be shopped around after the season at the new position, a couple of years removed from your last good period at your natural position...it makes sense for him to ask for a release...just not the way he did it.

I'm disappointed he's worried about competition. I'd think he'd do well in the middle myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar