Since McNair is going to be released...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Gotcha... good morning. Ok. We're not quite there... (calm down Ewker) ...
    for the sake of argument... McNair has been released. What do you do with that extra money? Half or so of that 24,25 Million on the cap can still be spent?
    Ok, what do you do with 10+ million dollars in FA with no McNair...?

Might as start talking about it because every day it looks more and more as if it could happen. Sure, it's out there... but is it as out there as you may of thought even a month ago? What do you do with more cap room, no vet qb, a Volek and a ... screw him (MM)... he doesn't count. I'd rather play Gunny at qb. Arghhh!!! I wish I would have gone to bed instead of hearing about this.
    :sleepy: :( :geek:

2. Let's take a pain killer and go to bed, hoping this would be a nightmare by the morning!!

3. Use the money to pay down the cap in future seasons. Extend contracts this year and throw in likely to be earned incentives that will save cap room in the future.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Tennessee couldn't afford me.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If we got $10 mill, I'd sign a MLB, Ty law if he isnt too expensive, save the rest for extensions/rookie pool.

6. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

Is there anyone worth extending on the roster? 20-30 guys have one or two years experience and let's face it, there are not (m)any Pro Bowl guys in that group. I know you're gonna probably say Hanesworth....I find it amazing that we cut/did not re-sign alot of good players (Kearse, Mason, Rolle, and now probably Mcnair) to keep an underachiever like Fat Albert. Seems ironic to me....wait, its pretty sad actually.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Sometimes a player can't be released, say they just signed a 5 year contract with a 20m bonus (Thigpen) if the player is released then all the bonus money comes into the current year and blows up the CAP. Titan could not have released Haynesworth as I am pretty certain it would have been a huge CAP hit.

Kearse was let go so the Titans could sign Carter and Hopkins if I remember correctly. Mason and Rolle were FA losses if I remember correctly and McMVP is still a Titan he just don't get to play any reindeer games till he signs a new contract.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Albert is on his rookie contract still, cutting him wouldnt have made much affect towards either rolle/mason/kearse.

Plus he is the best DT we have by far.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Haynesworth was a mid lst rounder so his bonus would have been a good one probably 1m+ per year of the contract.

I think he has extended but I am not positive.

I agree FA, when he plays, is a force. Won't ever forget that Unnecessary Roughness call he got for spiking Zeroue in the squeeler backfield. WTF Fat Albert got called for tackling a squeeler too hard - its an injustice!

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'd like to sign law if he'd come down to 6 or 7 million instead of 10. If we got him locked in for two or three years, Pac Man and Hill would be real vets by the time he was gone, and we'd have a seriously solid secondary.

I'm sure we could find a few players to restructure and resign as SK suggested too...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar