Since Jeff Fishead is fired who do you want!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Just because we dont land Gruden or Cowher doesn't mean many here will be underwhelmed with the hire. Most already realize that a coordinator will be our next head coach, and recent history has shown that to be a good thing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

1. This is still an NFL HC job. It's what every coach dreams of.
    2. Regardless of our record the past couple seasons we DO have some nice talent.
    3. We are one of the most supportive fan bases in the NFL (dbc and the other Fisher jock-riders aside).

Plenty of guys will want this opportunity. Come down from the ledge people. Seriously.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

And why are people so hung up on Gruden and Cowher? Who cares if they don't want to come here (which is completely unfounded BTW)? They aren't the only two good coaches out there.

4. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Not if the elevate Munchak. I may eat my words and be proven wrong, and I sincerely hope I am...but I don't think he is the answer yet some of the talk seems to point to that being the odds on favorite.

I just don't feel it at this point...

5. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I agree, Munch wouldn't be an exciting hire, but if they go through the process, and find him as the best candidate, then I will get behind him 100%. The one exception would be if they hired him as an interim head coach. If they think he is the guy, then the FO needs to get behind him 100%. On a side note, I believe Andy Reid made the jump from offensive line coach to head coach, there have been a few cases of it.

6. Oceanic815

Oceanic815 Starter

hahahaha

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah, I forgot Mornhinweg on the list. He'd be toward the end of it though.

8. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

because there are only 32 NFL head coaching jobs....someone will take the opportunity whether they are jumping into a good situation or not

9. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

people equate (not necessarily realistically) Super Bowl ring with "instantly good / amazing, perfect coach"

i do find a bit humorous some of the irony in the fans wanting to replace a coach who didn't win a Super Bowl in 16 years with one that it took 14 years to win one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar