Since Jeff Fishead is fired who do you want!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If Munch is old school, I don't really want him. But as long as he can make adjustments, I'll be fine with him.
    I just don't want a Fisher clone.

2. iQon

iQon Starter

[​IMG]

It hurts to see he's already went to Dallas. I can't believe he's not considered a serious HC candidate yet.

3. CaliTitan

CaliTitan Starter

Its going to take us awhile no matter who we bring in...

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Can we get Rick Dennison to leave and come here?

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

It's funny so many people dismiss Gruden for being 'handed' a SB from Dungy. Funny, DUNGY didn't win a SB with that team? Plus, Gruden rebuilt the Raiders and by all rights should have gone to the SB with them except for some new Tuck rule! And did someone say he only wants a game manager? Wasn't Rich Gannon putting up all kinds of numbers under him?

Anyway, there are 2 ways to go. One, we get someone for this year and look to get our next 'real' HC after next season since the Gruden's and Cowher's are most likely not taking a job this season due to the uncertaintly. Or we look for a long term replacement now.

For a one year job...
    I suspect the best route would be to promote Munchak and keep our current Offensive staff. I WOULD look to bring in an excellent DC. I would fire Lowry.

I would let our new HC make the decision about VY since Munch would know what the real story is with the locker room regarding support or not for VY. I would go after a free agent vet QB...McNabb comes to mind. Use the draft to seriously get some playmakers on defense and perhaps rebuild the interior OL for CJ. As long as a very good DC is brought in and Munch holds players and coaches accountable, we could definitely be in the playoffs next season. If it doesn't happen and we stink, start your new search for a new HC and let him draft the new franchise QB (Luck?).

Looking for our long term guy now...
    Green Bay, the Jets, and the Saints IMO have the right system. Have a HC who's great at one side of the ball (Peyton in NO, McCarthy in GB and Rex in NY) with the other side handled by an excellent coordinator. This should be our strategy. There are a ton of options on DC's who'd be good to look at for HC including Gregg Williams and Rob Ryan and offense with Cameron, Schotty, and hate to say it but Mike Martz (at least he'd know how to make CJ the ultimate wep in the passing game as he did with Faulk).

This is one of those days that a lot of posters here have been begging for (anyone but Fisher). I just hope we don't all pay for that with a Wade Phillips type!

I'd bring in for an interview...in no particular order....
    Munchak
    Our OC
    Jon Gruden
    Mike Zimmer
    Greg Williams
    Marty Schottenheimer
    Brian Schottenheimer
    Rob Ryan
    Cam Cameron
    Mike Martz
    Dick LeBeau (he won't come)
    Any defensive position coach of the Steelers who's been there at least 5 yrs (as a DC interview), the current DC of the Jets and the DC of the Ravens.

That's off the top of my head and doesn't include college coaches.

Gut

6. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

If we got Marty, that'd be insane. He's an awesome coach.

I'm kinda surprised about all the Gregg Williams talk. Didn't he already fail as a HC once? I know it was with the Bills.

Cam Cameron lead a 1-15 team. No thanks. Martz was a terrible HC as well with a talented team.

Zimmer seems like he could do a good job. Just seems a like a really good guy and a strong motivator.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think Munch can be a great choice if they believe the players respect him and will work hard and play hard for him. That is really 75% of the head coaches job. If Munch has the fire in the belly i'm all for that.

I also think that if it is Munch he should have the choice to retain VY or not. as Gut said he knows the inside on what happened.

As for Gut's list i gringed a bit. Mike Martz? I didn't think Martz did anything special this year except to get Cutler's brains beat in. Cutler had by far the league's most sacks.

No to Greg williams. No to Rob Ryan.

As far as Oc is concerned could we keep Dinger on as an advisor much like the Colts have done with Moore? Or is Bud too cheap for that? Moore advises the Colts offense but doesn't have to put in the 15 hour days.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Not sure what old school has to do with that. Fisher was stubborn but that was a personality thing not an old school thing.

I want a coach who is going to light a fire under these players, someone they respect. Munch can do that.

9. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

yeah. he took over a Bills team that the 3 previous years had gone 10-6 (playoffs), 11-5 (playoffs), and 8-8. [team had also been to the playoffs 4 of the last 6 years]

he proceeded to go 3-13, 8-8, 6-10

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Fisher was an old school coach. Run, Run, Pass. We don't need that again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar