Since I'm new here, what's the opinion on Volek?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VOR, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VOR

VOR Guest

Since I'm new here, what is everyone's opinion on Billy? I know that if Steve does leave, Volek will probably be the starter unless the Titans bring in a free agent. Does everyone think he will be able to hold the fort down for a year or so until Vince is ready?

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

He will for a week before he gets injured. You hear announcers tak about QB's having a stopwatch in their head during plays. Billy's got a sundial.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Volek is a solid #2. He prepares well and he can be counted on to come in and usually make good decisions with the football. He has a nice touch on the deep pass.

Having said that, he presses too often to make something which leads to sacks and he has not shown to be very durable. He's not the kind who can take over a game though should do well if he has better talent around him.

As to whether or not he could hold down the fort, I think he would do better than many suspect if he gets improved play around him. I'm hoping we don't have to find out though by keeping McNair.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Billy has shown some good things, but he's not a proven starter, and I think a lot of us are worried about having to rely on him for a full season or more as our only real starter. I don't get worried in games if McNair has to go out, Billy can get things done sometimes, but I don't know if I believe in putting the fate of the team in his hands.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Put Lendale White in the backfield and Billy could be much more effective IMO. Brown could be a real effective change of pace and 3rd down guy.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Volek, will do fine as the starting QB this yr. He has more chemistry with the WR's than McNair does. He may even have a better grasp of Chow's offense than McNair. He isn't mobile which leads to sacks.

7. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

I think most of us really like Billy as a backup QB. He has done some really good things for us when he has had to fill in. But, with that being said, we are also not very comfortable with him as our starter. Ofcourse I'm not real comfortable with the Idea of Collins coming in either.

8. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I believe Brown has shown that he can't be a 3rd down back with him unable to pick up a yard in a couple occasions on 3rd down. I like the idea of Brown and White splitting series and Henry or White the 3rd down back.

9. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Billy has taken 3 steps backwards under Chow ball. 2 years ago, he looked as if he could push Steve out the door and become the starter. Last year's performance was so poor he should have been move to #3 on the depth chart. Thus his market value took a nose dive. Hopefully he can regain strenght and up his value so we can get something for him as VY moves up the depth chart.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Volek isn't mobile and our OL didn't do a very good job pass blocking last year. Of course, the threat of a running game would have helped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar