Similar interceptions by KC and VY

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by earlers, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

When KC threw the INT to the D-Lineman, I'm sure some of you thought to yourself that it looked familiar. The weird part is that it is this specific INT that led to VY's meltdown.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/US_rR7Y2jTc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/US_rR7Y2jTc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Nice job. You are the #1 source for video comparisons lol. But yea I don't kerry was booed because it was preseason. Vince did it in the reg. season so i guess its diff. I didn't boo him i was shocked that it was intercepted. But others have there own reasons.

3. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

The only thing that angers me is that on Kerry's int, the announcers were saying great play by the linemen. On vys, they said he gave it right back.

4. highstep

highstep Camp Fodder

Great plays by both defense but both were bad choices by both KC and VY.

KC just had a bad game, it happens to everyone and most fans would understand that and not boo him for 2 picks. VY was booed because he could not do anything right to save his life in those games and it became a reoccurring theme.

Hopefully KC will work on his vision downfield and VY will keep up the good work from Saturday's game.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

If that was just a freak play, then people wouldn't have said much. But since VY was already notorious for not being able to complete a 5 yard pass- he was more criticized. Naturally.

Both were simply great plays by the linemen. But with VY it was a reoccurring theme. You cringed any time he didn't hand the ball off.

6. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Omg both #91

7. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

Hadn't noticed that...weird.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I've thought about that a little. I really think the booing didn't have much to do with the 2007 season, and was more just about the specific home opener against the Jags in 2008.

Our defense was playing extremely solid. We had 5 offensive possessions in a row where we only had 3 first downs. The offense was looking abysmal and keeping our defense on the field. All the while we are barely maintaining a 3 point lead. Then on the 6th possession, Vince comes in and throws a bad pick first play of the possession. There is where the boo's come.

I think we fans were particularly frustrated to see the defense play hard and do so well, to see the offense continue to sputter and not help out the D. Then a bad turnover that gave the Jags good field position, that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I hope Vince watched that INT he threw 100X, because there is no reason to throw a 1-yard pass into the flats with 3+ linebackers waiting to clean up the receiver when he had zero pressure.

10. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

They're really not that similar. In Kerry's int, the lineman drops back into the trowing lane as the ball comes out of Kerry's hand. He jumps, bats the ball to himself and catches it while on his back. In Vince's int, the lineman is standing in the throwing lane and simply raises his hands to snatch the ball out of the air. Actually, he doesn't have to make much of an athletic move because the ball is thrown to his right side just above his shoulder.

Nice try, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar