Silver linings and storm clouds: Tennessee

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

I don't know how realistic this is, but I feel the same way. I get the impression that the coaching staff knows that we can beat teams like the Bengals and the Texans with only 75% of the playbook. I have a feeling they have quite a few more packages with CJ and Crumpler that haven't been used yet.

2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Its definitely a nice thought

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I'm not worried about Alge at all. We all know what he can do, and to be frank there was no need for us to pass it his way so far. I'm guessing we're not opening up our entire offensive playbook yet and deliberately not playing all our chips at one time. Alge is an offensive weapon for us, and no need to fire him up yet until we start struggling on offense. I'm sure he'll start catching 5-7 passes/game soon enough, but not until opp defenses start figuring out our current offense.

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

ditto!
    exactly what i meant in my previous post.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The 85 bears had similar problems with their kick coverage. It's not a big deal.

If you have a great defense an extra 3 yards in field position doesn't really matter. As long as we are not letting teams score on special teams.

Based on what we saw last week teams can get 1st and 10 at our 15 half the time and we can still out score them.

As for crumpler i see that as a positive not a negative. we are kicking butt without him so what happens when he starts producing? We have not been hurt by his lack of production because of scaife.

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Exactly. To be honest, I'm really not 'worried' about anything at all so far. Some things need some improvement here and there, but as a whole our entire team is playing great football. A little more second half aggression on both sides of the ball is my only real qualm with our current gameplan/ performance. Whether were winning or not, I don't like seeing 3 points in one half on offense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar