Signing Young May Take $50 Million

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: As the Tennessee Titans begin the process of structuring the deal and the amount of the signing bonus for Vince Young, it is believed it will take around $50 million to get the third pick of the NFL Draft under contract. Young’s agent, Major Adams, says the $49.5 million contract Alex Smith landed as the No. 1 overall pick in San Francisco in 2005 will be looked to along with the contract for 2006 first pick Mario Williams who agreed to a six-year, $54 million deal. "I’m sure all those are the parameters we’ll be looking at," Adams said. "We’ll take into consideration what the first quarterback got last year, and what the first two picks get this year. It’ll be a little bit different since they’re not quarterbacks." Young has said he wants to be in training camp by the time it opens July 28.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. H Man

H Man Guest

Get er done...

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

4. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I know I sound like a broken record but..............50 million to a man who has never thrown an NFL football, WOW! Is he another Ryan Leaf or another Dan Marino? We are willing to wager 50 mil that he is, in fact, another NFL great. I still stand by my original thoughts that first year players, rookies, should be paid a minimum. Their big contract won't be signed until they have had a chance to prove themselves, in their 2nd year.

5. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I like your idea Fitantitan but it will never happen in the NFL.

6. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

I agree with you, fitantitans, and I also agree with JMB54. I would also advocate something similar to the Larry Bird rule for veteran players, but, again, I don't see it happening.

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I say just give VY the deal that Alex Smith got last yr. That is 10mil more than what Braylon Edwards got for the 3rd slot last yr, but throw in the fact that VY is a QB and inflation of the salary cap and I think it is fair.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Goot Lawd !!!!!

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

NBA has a pretty good system when dealing with draft picks.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar