Sign another good RB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It's no secret, competition brings out the best in players, and in 2011 Chris Johnson had no competition for his job. He was content and certain that this was his team. He had no reason to be hungry, he just got paid and no longer had that chip on his shoulder to wear like a badge of honor. C.J. being severely underpaid is what drove him to greatness, now that this is gone so is that amazing player we called CJ2K.

I want to know what happened to him saying things like; "go hard or go home", "I'm homeless" "I have no bed so I have to go hard, cause I got no home".... Now C.J. seems like all he's saying is; "hair is nappy but I'm happy pockets full of dough". And is okay with being thought highly of but no longer feared.

My suggestion is acquire another running back who will push for C.J. to be great again. Also fixing the interior line will help, but we need another guy to threaten C.J. for playing time. Neither Ringer or Harper seem yet good enough to really make C.J. nervous, LenDale was and we need to get another guy like that.

Guys who we have a legit shot at signing:
    Ryan Grant
    Peyton Hillis
    Mike Tolbert
    BenJarvus Green-Ellis
    Cedric Benson
    Marshawn Lynch
    Michael Bush
    Jason Snelling
    Ronnie Brown
    Tim Hightower
    Cadillac Williams

Or use a 5th, 6th or 7th rounder on a real RB. But I'd rather sign a FA.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Any NFL team would do itself a favor and ignore Hillis.

Lynch will probably go back to Seattle or get some big money. I would like to see Hightower personally.

3. JCBRAVE

Mike Tolbert gave us hell last time we faced him. And Michael Bush would be a great pick-up.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Lycnh will get a huge payday after he finished the season on a ridiculous streak. Bush is going to get starter money. Tolbert might get close to that himself. The rest of the guys on that list are washed up.

The Titans are in no position to be giving another large contract to a running back. It makes way more sense to go with a young, cheap player behind CJ. Either Harper or another draft pick (or even undrafted FA).

5. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

You could probably pick one up late in the draft or even UDFA

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

It's a nice thought but I doubt it happens. We already have a lot of money tied up in RBs, so it will have to be Harper or someone who won't command a lot of money.

Someone I'd really like to pick up is Chris Ivory from the Saints. They have 4 running backs and I doubt they'd miss him. I love his straight ahead, smash mouth style of running. I also wouldn't mind picking up Bradshaw from NYG, though now he's getting more attention because they're in the Superbowl. I love the way he runs too. I don't think either are available though.

Is Ringer a FA this year? If so, maybe this is more likely to happen.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I wish, but we need other positions before we look at RBs.

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Out of that list Tolbert is the guy I would want. I feel we will go with a mid-late rnd draft pick and let Harper/Ringer/rookie battle it out. If they don't show enough then we pick up a late vet camp cut.

Given the number of FAs available this yr the money actually might not trickle down to some of these RBs the way you might think it would. Backup RBs certainly are low on the priority list when looking at spending money in FA.

9. JCBRAVE

Ringer is signed through 2013

10. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Every backup noname RB gives us hell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar