Sidney Rice

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Puck, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I'd draft him in a heartbeat round 2. By that I mean Rice.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

well, I have seen a mock that has Rice going in the 1st
    but it feels like it'd be a reach

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I think with the WR depth in the draft it is possible Rice could last until the 2nd but we would have to trade up IMO to get him in the 2nd.

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

yea i said that in a different thread

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I gotta be that guy. Here are the negatives:

Negatives: Has the leaping ability to compete for the ball in the air, but needs to do a better job of timing those leaps … Has some hip tightness, but still shows shifty moves on long routes (less in shorter routes) … Whether it is timing or an unwillingness, he will struggle to compete for the ball in a crowd and despite a 35-inch vertical jump and his 6-3 frame, defenders were able to deflect 17 passes out of his hands in 2006 and he failed to run under 23 other throws … Will need to add more bulk and strength in order to beat the press at the next level … Has the size and vertical jump to go up and make the catch over the middle, but you sometimes wonder if he has the strength to take a pounding there … Needs to improve on short routes, as like most tall receivers he struggles to drop his weight and gain separation … Going over the middle, he looks affected by close coverage at times and seems to be too aware of traffic.

Sounds like he wants the glory without the work. This is what worries me about him. But yeah, I'd take Rice and Moses in the 2nd if we could pull it off, but then again, with two 2nd round picks, I might make two different choices, though I could still see gambling on Moses in round two.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yeah, I'm sure SanFran and Green Bay will b watching him closely

7. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

rice shouldnt have left USC, btw my bro goes there......misses him dearly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar