SI has Titans taking Ginn

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by CRUDS, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

:thumb:

wheres ryans titans:pop: :hang: :beerbang:

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Actually Gunny's attitude toward Ginn is a positive thing. He made Hill some kind of messiah and the guy went from a promising steal in the draft to a guy we need to replace. I'm very concerned now about the interest in LW as his spiritual leader. Maybe with his dislike for Ginn would prevent Gunny from putting the dark side jinx on him.

Although there have been WRs, plenty of them, that have tanked after getting to the NFL even though they were projected to be studs (nice list bigtitan53279) I don't see the logic of how that hurts Ginn anymore than every other WR we might consider with our pick. If we draft Jarrett for example the fact he has TE speed and a big body that is soft I guess validates he will not be a bust (the reason I prefer Bowe or Meachum over Jarrett)? Even when you compare Ginn to track speed guys of the past his return skills and ability in the open field surpass ALL those guys. You don't draft Ginn to be Derrick Mason but you draft a guy like Ginn to be a playmaker who returns, runs screens and reverses, stretches the field which helps the short passing game and running game and because defenders have to respect his speed you get a few easy hitches for first downs in the mix. Occasionally Ginn will take one of those, break a tackle and be gone.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

of course I have no dislike for Ginn I just don't rate him that highly.

I thought you were smart enough to see the distinction. I guess I over-estimated you. :clown:

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Are you kidding me? You start a discussion/argument (the very purpose of forums), then when you are rebuffed, you say that arguing is stupid, let's just wait until later? Let's face it, there is nothing we know about Ginn that indicates he will succeed in the NFL. He's fast, but not any faster than some other receivers. His YAC indicate that he really didn't play as fast as he supposedly is. He leads the world in drops. He is raw (not sharp in routes). He is a smaller receiver, so he probably isn't going to develop into a great possession receiver and he will probably be jammed his share of the time. The very limited production he showed in college could have been a product of the vast amount of talent on his OSU teams. What exactly does he have going for him?

5. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

He'll immediately rival Hester and Pacman (if out of prison) as the best return man in the league. Not sure he'll be a good pro receiver.

6. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

There's a reason why he's talking about playing CB in the NFL...

Maybe it's the hands?

I'm just spitballing, I think he's got talent AND speed. But IMHO, we're going D-fense in the 1st round. Maybe rnd two.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Ginn was an outstanding CB in HS as well as WR and thought he would play CB in college before he went to OS. Actually he might be an outstanding CB it is just a little late for him to make a switch.

If he didn't turn out to be a real gem of a WR a team could let him play some DB in nickel and dime situations like Troy Brown did.

8. ur out of excuses i guess

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar