SI.com in shock at TEN

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by thnom, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/RECYDS/2005/regular
    my bad. it's not like he's on this list.
    I've been trying to block the last two years out of my mind.
    The Titans have done nothing but suck the past two seasons.
    Maybe Drew should go be a Raven like Mason, then his numbers will be better because he won't draw the #1 DB. That's likely why he did as well in 2004... that and he didn't have a busted up hand. That never helps. Still, seems like there is more to agree about today... more than usual anyways.

2. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

As far as production goes, Bennett smokes Givens like Ricky Williams smokes chronic. I hope we do keep Bennett. He's the only proven receiver on this team. None of the others have put up the numbers he has. He had more td's in 04 than any of these guys have had in there careers.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

We have to keep Bennett... without Bennett, Givens has no shot.
    Bennett is proven... he just needs to come back/ elevate his game... whatever you want to call it... Drew has got to put up. He needs to be able to make 1200 yards rec. w/o having to rely on a better receiver to draw the coverage away.

4. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Givens would have no shot w/o Bennett? Wow..ok. Without Bennett, it would be just like last year. Givens with the three Rooks and Calico when he's healthy, and Givens would do better.

So your saying Givens isn't proven? He may not be a proven star, or #1 receiver, but what has Bennett done to prove anything more than Givens?

As of now I'd prefer Givens over Bennett, until Bennett proves he is better. Givens is a proven reliable, until Bennett does that, w/o Givens Bennett will keep performing like he did last year, sub-par.

5. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Well..................

Sorry to disagree with you, but I figure, other than myself, a hand full of NFL teams that passed on him before we got him questioned his health. A player of that caliber does not come cheap unless there could be a problem with him. I, like most other people, did not know too far in advance that we were signing him.
    As for SIs opinions of our lastest signings, their record last year wasn't 4-12 against the worst teams in the NFL!

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Prizefighter...

As of now I'd prefer Givens over Bennett, until Bennett proves he is better. Givens is a proven reliable,
    ----------------------------------------

What are you talking about? Givens and bennett had identical stats last year including how many games they lost due to injury. And givens has never had a 1200 yard season.

Go back and read my previous post. Bennett has averaged 742 yards a season over the last 4 years. Givens has had averegd 707 the last three years. I excluded both their rookie years. If anything it is a toss up. I don't know what else bennett needs to prove he has been a pretty good player since we got him. He's not chad johnson or tory holt but few are. So what's the point?

Seems like a lot of titan fans want to dump on guys who have been pretty good players for us. Mcnair, bennett, brown. olson. We will see how these guys do in 2007.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Drew will produce as soon as there is a Titans QB not named McNair throwing in the pocket. McNair and Drew just don't connect, and you can see that it frustrates Drew, but everyone else who steps in and plays QB, Drew has nice games and actually looks like he's doing something.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Oh...ok...remove Bennett from the equation...what have you got then?
    Bennett and Givens are more or less on par with eachother, still,
    one would help the other in this instance. Both of these guys are more of a threat with the other on the field. 'Givens has no shot' is more of a knock on the corp than it is on Givens himself. Calico being Calico is where we're supposed to look better. Calico... now if he was the real deal, then last year might not have been so bad. Bad things happen to high picks sometimes. That sums up Calico IMO.

9. Find just one post from last year after we signed him where the poster thought we were taking any kind of risk...

Teams sign guys like that to minimum contracts all the time. They know that if they don't win a job in camp, they can be released and save basically all of their money.

10. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

A little confusion

I think I was talking more in general, not just the people who visit this forum. A lot of people questioned his health and if his knees were going to hold up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar