SI article -Cutler must see QB

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by PragIdealist, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Thank you for saving me the trouble of posting something to that effect in response to the v2.0 thing.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, writing 2.0 obviously indicates that he is an upgrade over Mike Vick, however I just don't think he will be that much more successful.

3. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

If your talking about the Co-MVP, I agree he played well for the games he was in. I believe he missed two(2) games. I personally don't think he should have won it... just my opinion. Manning threw for more yards and more TD's... the Colts' beat us both times that year... McNair QB rating was like 100.0 and Manning's was 99.0 if I remember correctly... and both teams finished 12-4.

4. McNair was the highest rated QB in the NFL, simple as that. Manning just threw the ball more often...

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I think many people forget what the MVP stands for. It's not given to the best player in the league, it's given to player deemed most valuable to his team. And no question in my mind McNair was at the top of that list.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I agree. McNair deserved it by that definition.

Real quick about Cutler: He's getting all this hype largely because he's the only top 3 QB who is going to be throwing at the combine. He's getting the "attaboy" stamp of approval right now, but no way does he project to #3. Why? We could trade down and get him, and no one would have to trade with us to get him. He's a reach at #3, plain and simple. That's not value, regardless of what the future may hold. Reese could come out and say, "I'm taking Cutler at #3," and teams would have to say, "Well, that's that then."

Weather forecast: "There's a QB front moving in (Young/ Leinart) with an outside chance of some Ferguson." I just can't see us picking anyone else at #3, unless Bush fell.

7. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

mcnair was in shotgun cause that was the type of offense they ran... young was PUT in shotgun because he cant see the field.

you can compare mcnair and young if you want to but i think that is a reaaaaalllly bad comparison. mcnair knew much more about how to work the passing game than young. he set rediculous records in college... young runs much better than mcnair.

i love his talent and i won't complain if we get him but young is going to take longer to devlop and i think everyone knows it. if they dont see that then they are just looking at one game where half the routes he threw were curls or scrambling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar