Shrine game live

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Clark, Jan 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

It's hardly one good showing. Only thing that made me question him was his arm strength. I wasn't getting a really good read on it. It looked average when I watched all his cutups. The rest his mechanics were SOLID. And noted.

Comparing him live to the guys today that were throwing he silenced that concern for me. When Carr is a "possible first"... I look at this guy I see the traits of a pro QB. Many more positives than I can conjure for Carr.

The other concern is his level of competition. That will change next week at the senior bowl as well. If he shows up to that game, blows up the practices and plants himself firmly as one of the best QB there.... There's no question second round at the latest.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Fair enough. I wish I could've seen the game. Ill just have to check out some of his games later.

Still don't think we should be moving his value up that much because of a shrine game.

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

"Stock" is primarily relative to the media drive of a prospect.

Stock/scouting reports can change up until the combine. These games like the senior bowl and shrine game help finalize a scout report.

Scout from a team checks out said player... Has some questions about him... Gives him an adjustable grade... "Here are my concerns" - kid comes out and answers the concerns positively... The next thing to do is compare said talent to talent that is perceived to be of higher quality... Average it out. There isn't a stuck stock on a prospect til the last event. Pro day/combine.

4. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Garrapollo was already one of my favorites. All star games are the hardest to shine in because of unfamiliarity with your receivers and such. Garrapollo made money tonight. He shows up like this in the senior bowl, he will be getting rich. He could very easily work his stock up to a first rounder. Hes not your mid round steal anymore for sure. If we are holding off to round 4, he will be long gone. I steal am intrigued by Fales and Murray for those Mid round guys. I dont wanna get over anxious, but as I was saying, its tough to have that kinda showing in an all star game as a QB.

5. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Wanted to add that Ricardo Allen could be of great value as a corner and return man. Very nice change of direction skills. Just now really watching this game as I had to DVR it. Thinking out loud.

6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

The safety for Arizona State tat had two picks might be worth looking into. Don't know his measurables but he had good instincts and ball skills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar