Show us some love!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Is anyone else sick and tired of getting ignored by the media? As a devoted fan, I sure would like to see a little coverage of our team from time to time. I see Pacman prancing around in a Titans Jersey on ESPN more then I see anyone on our active roster... What gives? Look at us, three years ago we were one of the worst teams in the league, we went 8-8 and 10-6 w/ a playoff berth in VYs first two years playing in what was arguably the toughest division in football (definitely this last year, not so much in 06)... we made a crazy first rd draft pick... even if you don't like it, its worth at least taking a look at... We have what could potentially be a stellar defense... I mean come one. Can't the media take ten minutes away from Brett Favre and the constant repetition of that story an shed a lil' light on my boys?

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Nah. I like it. Let them sleep on us as much as possible.

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Fair perspective... I just feel like we've earned at least a little respect in the last two seasons yet still get none

4. ONUV

ONUV Starter

no but i am sick and tired of Vol and Titan fans complaining about getting no respect. in college, it actually matters somewhat because of the BCS but in the NFL you do your talking on the field. what the media thinks of you does not matter.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I don't ever remember a lot of press for the Titans over the last 25 years to be honest. Earl Campbell kicked up a storm. Warren Moon got a fair shake in the run and shoot. McNair has his tough man thing going for about a year, two years. Vince had a string of about three games. but that's about it other than Pac-Man, who honestly has not even himself captured the attention of the media for all he has done. The Miracle got some love for sure, but it was short lived.

Hey, I just notived team USA is on right now. Gotta go.

6. mrredskin

mrredskin Camp Fodder

i was paying attention until you said the afc south was the toughest division.

pretty sure that's the nfc east.

no argument neccessary

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

NFC East is a consistently tough division, but last season, the AFC South was the toughest.

8. maximus

maximus Starter

I'll take the NFL way any day. I'd prefer to get no respect. The players use the no respect as motivation.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I want to see Young holding up the Lombardi Trophy and the announcers saying how the Titans overachieved and defied all odds in getting to, and winning, the Super Bowl.

Crumpler has bad knees. Our WRs suck. White is slow and fat. Chris Johnson only looks fast because our defense is slow. Haynesworth is selfish. Bulluck is a step slower. Our CBs are mediocre. Fisher plays too conservative.

Keep it under the radar. :yes:

10. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Maybe I'm not realizing what we've done to earn respect. We haven't won or even sniffed our own division in several years, and struggle to score double digits each week. What am I not seeing that everyone else is that deserves us more credit than any other team that gets it?

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar