Should we... or should we not???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Feb 13, 2009.

?
  1. Yes! 12,13,14 million a year, whatever it takes.

63.8%
  2. No! It's too risky, there are options other than this.

36.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

If getting AH is the difference between signing TJ Whosyourmomma or Trading for Bodlin/Plax then No we shouldn't, but If we can do both then yes we should..

The consensus answer is yes. why not?

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

the GM has to watch out for his own butt. if he gets us back in cap trouble he could lose his job.

all these moves are based on job security.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Jason Jones and co. couldn't get pressure on Colts backups. I am not sold on him just yet. I'm impressed but not enough to get rid of Haynesworth.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

no better job security than getting one of these.

[​IMG]

we won't do it unless haynesworth is a part of this team.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I can't answer without knowing what MR would do with the cap space. My answer is obviously re-sign AH if they are planning on not using ALL of the freed up cap space for FA acquisitions and extensions.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

if we don't sign haynesworth we better do a hell of a lot more with our offense than sign a few justin mccariens.

7. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

Without a doubt, he must be kept.

He's 5X better than Jerod stupid Allen anyway.

8. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Its two different positions and Jared Allen is one of the better DE in this league

9. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I vote yes. I'm not one of the camp of people that thinks he will return to Al of old when a new contract is signed. I truely believe he has turned that corner. Sure, he is going to miss some time due to injury but I still think the reward outweighs the risk.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I would normally agree, but just not as it applies in this case. Much of our defensive success hinges on this position, and there's simply not a vine that the team can swing to avoid a dropoff in this department. There's not a rookie coming in or a vet, or someone on our own roster who is going to be what Haynesworth has been this coming season or the following, at least at the DT position. If the Titans intend to go to a different scheme, perhaps it's a different story, but offhand, I would think the team wants to keep as much continuity as possible. With so many guys entering their 2nd and 3rd years in this scheme, I can't see how it's going to be the Titans' preference in any way to change what is bringing the team "hopefully" closer to a championship.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar