Should we... or should we not???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Feb 13, 2009.

?
  1. Yes! 12,13,14 million a year, whatever it takes.

63.8%
  2. No! It's too risky, there are options other than this.

36.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I've seen a lot of threads and discussion regarding re-signing AH. Haven't seen this poll so apologize if there was one before.

So here it is... if you managed the money, do you do it? Or not??

I tell ya, I've been all for the re-signing, but the article in the Tennessean today about all the road rage and speeding incidents (apparently some from December 2008) does give me pause.

This is a public vote, for fun sake. I say Yes, what say you?

edit: The "NO" vote was supposed to say "there are options OTHER than this." whoops.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

albert haynesworth going 80% is better than most guys going 100%

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I'm no. I liked what I saw in the Pittsburgh game without our two All-Pro D-linemen. Gives us more cap to sign some Housh-myTitan? But more likely AND even better, to sign more defensive players with potential to produce in our system and hopefully provide more depth. I liked what I saw from Ford; he'll make bigger strides this year coming into his second season after surgery. Obviously Jones made a good impression. Colts were smart to steal our replacement plan B for AH. With a good draft I see no reason why we can't be just as productive this past year on the D-line, and defense in general.

We need to nab Nnamdi from the death trap of Oakland. Or grab Asher Allen from Georgia in the 3rd.

4. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Well you would have to pick up Namndi for all the blitzing we'd need for pressure.

I really wanted to see a healthy lineup playing Haynesworth - Brown at tackles and VandenBosch - Jones at ends. I thought that would be monster to see.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Did you like what you saw in the Colts game the week after?

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Who is Haynesworth better than while he's sitting the bench with injuries?

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

"Potential" and "hopefully" don't win championships.

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

They were playing a 3-4 defense at times in that game so they didn't exhaust all of their guys. Jeff Fisher said many times after that game that it was in no way a game that they felt like risking anything to win, and it was obvious. Say what you want to about momentum, or that impacting us in the playoffs, but that clearly can't be considered an accurate assessment of our defense without AH.

I said no, but I won't be upset at all if they do sign him. Personally I wouldn't tie over a third of our available salary cap to any one player, aside from an elite QB. Nevertheless, he's the best in the league at DT and if the FO thinks that's the right move, then you won't ever catch me complaining about having Haynesworth for 5+ more years.

9. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I voted no....and have stated my views in the past. Great player...when he wants to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar